Volume problem w/Crate BV120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Volume problem w/Crate BV120

I dunno dude. I usually just get tubes from Mesa because they give me a very good deal and I like the fact that I don't have to send it to a tech. So far I haven't had to mess with the tubes though.

Comment

I think I recommended the JJs. I bought a set for my Randall, and tried them in the BV for a week. They sounded just as good as the stock GTs.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I posted saying that I didn't like the sound on one of this amps that I tried. I was thinking that the tubes where bad 'cause the same thing happend to me too, the clen channel was way more louder than the other channel.

BTW, it just wasn't the volume wright, the sound wasn't good ether?

Comment

Some amps aren't as 'picky' tubewise.

One thing to consider if you're going through a lot of tubes is if you're moving the amp much while the tubes are hot or even still warm, and if the amp ever gets shaken or physically traumatized. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Tubes don't take vibration or being knocked around well at all, and hot tubes are even more easily damaged. This is why tubes tend to last a shorter amount of time in a combo amp - the vibrations tear them up faster.

Pete

Comment

Working...
          X