What would you pick, Phase 100 or EVH Phase 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you pick, Phase 100 or EVH Phase 90

Anyone have experience with both, and what would make you come to your choice?

Re: What would you pick, Phase 100 or EVH Phase 90

In my opinion, the EVH pedal is a waste of money. Its just a normal phase 90 with a switch that takes a resistor out of the circuit to make it like the old script logo pedals. If you can work a soldering iron, you can mod your own pedal to do the same thing. It took me about 10 minutes to do it to mine, and its a reasonably subtle change.

Comment

I agree the EVH Phase is a waste of money, but if you want to line Ed's pockets w/ cash...
      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I checked one out thinkin' "It's gonna sound just like Ain't talkin bout love" Nope! It's a cool pedal, but ain't no Van Halen. I don't want one, but that's me.

Comment

its overpriced but it does sound good and the switch to go from new to old is nice but thats just my opinion. it sounds much better with a tube amp but what doesnt.

Comment

I sat down one day and tried a Phase 90, Phase 100, EVH Phase 90, E-H Small Stone, and the Boss phaser....I bought the Small Stone.

Comment

I just got a EVH Phase90 new from M/F. $99 no tax & free s/h. It's a great pedal for the old VH sound. Does it sound just like Aint talkin 'bout love? Close, but I,m not playing through a 68 Marshall "Plexi" either......... [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
              "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I sat down one day and tried a Phase 90, Phase 100, EVH Phase 90, E-H Small Stone, and the Boss phaser....I bought the Small Stone.

[/ QUOTE ]
                I also did this, and bought the EVH Phase 90 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Pull the resister off a regular phase 90 and it is the same as a script phase 90. You can find instructions on the web. I did it and it takes longer to get the screws off than to do the mod.
                  Screamin'

Comment

^^^^

Yeh, Iv'e done that too and than your stuck in just the script mode. For just $30 bucks more you can have the best both worlds (pun intended) of the Phase 90. But than again I guess I dont mind lining Ed's pockets. Like we ALL haven't done that before.8 tracks, albums, cassettes, c.d.s/ remasters, etc....... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

I had a Phase 90 and loved it. I had a basement flood back in February and it survived until about two months ago, then it just wouldn't turn on. So I wanted a new one. They are $70 and I don't think the EVH would be worth the $130 they usually are. But when I saw the MF deal for $100, I ordered one. Got it on Friday and tried it out Sat. It is great and definitely worth the extra $30 (but not $60!). You also didn't say what kind of stuff you would be using it for. I only use it for old VH, so the EVH Phase 90 is perfect for me.
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I've got the EVH - the option to switch between the modes is useful. I'm not trying to get anyone's tone in particular, the EVH phase 90 sounds good & I like having the switching option available. Plus it looks cool with the paint job & blue LED - am I shallow? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

I havent tried the EVH one yet, but I sat down with a regular Phase 90 and a Phase 100, and I found the 100 was so much more versitle and usable.

Comment

I'm confused now? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Sounds as subjective as which pickup is best! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I checked out the EVH90 at work one day and i really like it. I do hear a suttle differance in the mid voicing with the script switch. either way i like how it sounds.
                              Gil

Comment

Working...
                              X