Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diezel Frontloaded 4x12 ?

hi

Anybody played one ? I *might* have a good deal on it.

How is it compared to my current cabinet - Oversized (standard) recto 4x12 ?

We're talking only about those cabs with vintage 30 speakers.

Tighter / faster in the low end ? Is the amount of low-end comparable to rectocab ? how are the mids and highs on it ?
    I need something that reacts immediately - rectocabs low end is the problem here.

Hope i'll get a response on the JCF - i always could if something was important .

Re: Diezel Frontloaded 4x12 ?

i havent played one but all i can tell ya is that i *think* i remember talking to a board member on another forum and he had one and he was saying its similar to a MEsa traditional cab, and a ENGL XXL cab, in which case are both tighter with i guess you can say Less bottom end. it also depends on which head you got IMO if you have apowerball which i do, the less Boomy a cab is the better. it has enough bottom end as it is, it doesnt need anymore. i hope that helped

Comment

Diezel offers two 4x12 cabs. One with V30s and one with diezel custom speakers. As I read, the diezel speakers are quite the same, just with less high-mid-spikes.
      Engl also offers such "soft" V30 now.

Comment

'Soft' V30's? So an even warmer Vintage 30 speaker? Sounds sweet!
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I don't like vin 30's...my least favorite celestion of all time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I think they're THE speaker. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I don't like vin 30's...my least favorite celestion of all time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, wadda *you* know? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

How about a pair of G12H 70th anniversary 8ohms in a 2x12 cab
                with a JCM 800 2204 head?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I don't like vin 30's...

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I don't care for them that much either. Though, they do mix well with the G12T-75 which has some scooped mids.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X