Speaker break in procedures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker break in procedures

How do you guys break in new speakers, I usually just play at lower volume for a few days before cranking em up, but I have no scientific data to support this. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    I say the boy ain't right!

Re: Speaker break in procedures

i just let it rip. i don't know if that's good or bad....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

www.celestion.com

"
      How do I break in my speakers?

Important Note! Before breaking it in it's advisable to "warm up" the speaker gently for a few minutes with low-level playing or background hum.

Break in a speaker with a fat, clean tone: turn up the power amp volume to full, and control the level with the preamp gain. Use a level that will be quite loud, but not painful in a normal size room.

Have the bass and mid up full, and the treble at least half. On your guitar, use the middle pick up position (if your guitar has more than one pick up) and play for 10-15 minutes using lots of open chords, and chunky percussive playing. This will get the cone moving, and should excite all the cone modes and get everything to settle in nicely. The speaker will continue to mature over the years, but this will get it 95% of the way to tonal perfection in the shortest time.
      "

Comment

Wow, thanks for posting that Fragle, I never knew that.

Comment

I just learned sumptin....

Comment

An easier idea would be to record a CD with just guitar on it - then play that through a CD player set to repeat into your guitar amp.

Pete

Comment

In the past, I have played AC/DC's Highway to Hell album through my speakers (roll off the lows) for a day to break them in. Sounds crazy but it works great. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                In the past, I have played AC/DC's Highway to Hell album through my speakers (roll off the lows) for a day to break them in. Sounds crazy but it works great. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like a cool ritual! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X