charvel combo amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel combo amp

there is a pawn shop that has a charvel combo amp for under $100. i haven't been able to find anything about charvel amps. (sorry, i can't describe it well, it's been about a week since i've seen it last) i think it had an 8 or 10 inch speaker. i think the controls were just volume, treble and bass. i had my son with me and didn't study it further.is this amp crap, killer or in between? are charvel amps at all good?oh yeah, the face plate was rectangular, with an 80's era charvel logo. black tolex and grille cloth.thanks in advance!!!

Re: charvel combo amp

just took another look at it....

CH200B

volume/treble/hi mid/lo mid/bass

effects loop

made in korea

8" didn't see anything about it's power.

any info appreciated

Comment

Here's the only info I've found on these amps.
      http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Charvel/
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thanks, i saw that, but was hoping somene on the jcf board could give me more info.

thanks again

Comment

Funny they compare it to a Marshall lead 12, I have a lead 12 and would recomend it to anyone for a practice amp if you don't need to switch channels.

The Charvel looks like a run of the mill chinese amp, but made in korea, so it may be a little different. Personally, even though it says charvel on it, it seems to me 1990-96 wouldn't be a time when the charvel name was valued enough to have been useful to the company.

I think it was positioned as a 'value brand' ie Johnson or Gorilla at that time. I dunno, I wouldn't expect much.

For that kinda bling I'd go for a pod and computer speakers or a Vox/Roland microcube unless you want to go for the name.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

it's a solid state little practice amp. I have the 200R which is the same thing but with reverb.

I've seen them go for 40-50 bucks on eBay so if is much over that, its over priced.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

thanks!! that's the medicine in needed!!!

Comment

no problem. The actually sound pretty good for practice and can get pretty loud. The clean is pretty good. I gave it to my sons who use them in a little 1x8 combo stacks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The have Inbanez starter pack amps about the same size...
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                X