Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danelectro mini effects pedals. Anyone use/like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danelectro mini effects pedals. Anyone use/like?

One of my co-workers wanted me to ask around about the Danelectro mini effects pedals. He seems to like them, but doesn't have any idea about the quality and reliability of them. Anyone have any experience and reviews of these pedals?

Thanks

Re: Danelectro mini effects pedals. Anyone use/lik

i bought the eq pedal...returned within a week as the button stopped working really quickly. They feel like, look like and are cheap shit, imho.

Comment

Haha, I got a Danelectro Fab Metal free when I bought a Monster Cable at Guitar Center a few weeks ago.

Its a cheapo pedal, but actually sounds surprizingly good. Its very solidstate sounding, its nothign amazing or crushing, but tried played MANY other distortion pedals that were more expensive and didnt sound as good. Its not amazing, but it sounds really cool for quick alt. picking licks.

I know its a cheap pedal, and I dont know if I'd rely on it too heavily on stage(they'res simply no need, ive got a JSX), but I think Ill keep it on my pedalboard for the time being, just for noodling.

It has a VERY bright blue LED light, Which is cool I guess.

How serious is your friend? Bedroom rocker or gigging (or soon to be gigging) guitarist?

Im thinking about gutting the thing and putting it in a metal box with a good bypass switch and good quality chassis mounted pots and jacks.

Comment

I have the French Toast and the Rocky Roads.

The French Toast is a dead on Foxx Tone Machine clone. If you are not familiar with that, it is like an Octavia - a very cool octave fuzz like Jimi used on Purple Haze. One of the senior dudes at Dano is the guy that invented the FTM so this thing is really good.

The Rocky Roads is a spinning speaker simulator. Is it as good as a Leslie? Nope. Then again it doesn't weigh 200 lbs and only costs 30 bucks. There is a mod described on Harmnony Central for this one - I did it and it improved the pedal dramatically. I love this pedal - it is very lo-fi but a very musically useful sound.

I had a bunch of the other little pedals at one time and they are all good bang for the buck. The above two pedals are very good IMO.

I recently got two of the new OD and distortion pedals they just released - Fab Distortion and Fab Overdrive. They sound ok so far but I haven't given them a good test yet. They are noisy. Then again they're only 15 bucks.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I have the Cool Cat chorus, sounds as good as any chorus I've owned. Problem is, I've never owned a very expensive chorus, and so far most of them seem pretty comparable sonically. Might just be the fact that I have never played thru an "uber" chorus, but none of them I've heard have done anything more fabulously than the other. Seems to be one of them effects that dont vary much from one manufacturer to the next.

I could be wrong.
          www.myspace.com/madeaband
          www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

He's wanting to gig with them. To me, they don't sound very gig worthy from what I've seen posted here. Pedal sound/tone is somewhat important to him, but durability and use are his primary concerns.

Comment

I've got the Hash Browns flanger and I like it.

I think hippietim really nailed it with his bang for the buck comment. The pedal is a little noisy, but otherwise sounds very good. Can't complain about a little noise with the el cheapo price.

I've had no problems with my pedal, but I definitely get the feeling that eventually it will give out on me. I guess that's the tradeoff for the price on these pedals.

Comment

I sell those. They are what they are, a $30 pedal. Not bad for the money at all, but I doubt anyone would want to use one on a professional studio recording.

Matt

Comment

i've heard the the compressor pedal is pretty good. it was compared to the mxr dynacomp. "same pedal, but cheaper and smaller". i tried it out and it was ok. but then again i really don't have much use for a compressor in my sound.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

The compressor was pretty good. It actually sounded very good. It was just noisy as hell. It sounded better than the Maxon I had. I've since switched to a Keeley and that thing is sweet.

- Newc

Comment

I had a Daddy O vintage overdrive, it was very good for what it says on the box but not for much else! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have fish and chips EQ, works great, but like a few have stated they are pretty cheaply made, good for at the house but i doubt it would hold up gigging
                        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

These are MADE IN CHINA [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Avoid [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

- Newc

Comment

I heard Ron's mom had an affair with a Chinaman one time and that the guy may be his dad. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X