what do u guys think og the pod live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do u guys think og the pod live?

Well what do you guys think of the pod live?

Re: what do u guys think og the pod live?

Brick,

I enjoy mine. I get exactly what I want out of it. It is great for recording and for the home guitarist. I cannot speak for the live (as in public performance) because, I don't usually play with other people that much. I own a POD XT Pro which is the rackmount version of the live. Basically the same feature set + much more i/o options. But, there are some really nice modelers out there from Boss and Vox. They have their benifits and downfalls. But, one thing that is a definate, if you like metal, go with Pod or Boss.

My advise is to research online the ease of use then go in and try them out. But, one complaint about all of them is that the presets REALLY suck ass. So, spend time playing around with them. It took me a while to understand what was going on with my Pod XT pro because I was use to a digitech 2101. Once the lightbulb went on, I really ran with it.

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

yeah well right now i'm saving up for a rr1 rhoads so i don't exactly have the money right now but i was think i'd get it later its pritty cool.

Comment

I never heard any player sound good with them live...I'm not talkin local..I'm talkin' bout the heavy hitters..Loomis , In Flames...and a few others..

Michael Angelo was in town and blew up his head so he used the opener's POD...John said that Batio was all out of sorts and very discontent with it..BIG TIME!!!

My buds in Antithesis use them and they sound like shit...but whenever my one friend uses his Sovtek Mig 50 and a TS9 Tube Screamer...it sounds killer in comparison to his POD..well for one I can hear him..that's important! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'd much rather have a tube head in the same price range like a nice used 5150...can't go wrong there..not as versatile as a preamp..but sounds much better to my ears..

But if you only into one main sound..who needs versatlity.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Why is this in the USA Jackson section? It should be in Amps and Effects.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, he did say he was saving up for an RR1...

Comment

Use the search function. I bet there's been 20 threads on PODs in the last few months. A POD will get you buy, but you're better off with a "proper" amp. BTW - I love the POD & all things Line 6.

Comment

yeah sorry guys i put in the wrounge secton i wasn't thinking wich secton was in. ok i'm new i still don't know alot about the features on the board. sorry. thanks.

Comment

you are forgiven Kimosabi... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                  X