Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEPULTURA

Amps in the BTR/Arise era, Anyone?
    I know they had some Marshall stuff back then (either jcm800 or jcm900).
    Does anybody know what models and how they got their high gain sound out of them (overdrive pedals, mods, rack gear)?

What's the best model of all the jcm900s?

Do they respond the same way to overdrive pedals as jcm800s?

Thanks.

Re: SEPULTURA

Not sure what Marshalls they used then. I believe 800s at first. Not sure about the pedals either.

My Favorite sounding marshall 900 was the 4100 series. Still not much to brag about.

No, they don't respond quite the same as 800s generally do, 900s have built in diode distortion that is pretty serious in comparision to the 800s and they never seemed to like the distortion or OD pedals as much.

I always boosted the front end of my 900s with wirelesses, EQ's or EMG PA-2 preamps.

Comment

Re: SEPULTURA

[ QUOTE ]
      Not sure what Marshalls they used then. I believe 800s at first. Not sure about the pedals either.

My Favorite sounding marshall 900 was the 4100 series. Still not much to brag about.

No, they don't respond quite the same as 800s generally do, 900s have built in diode distortion that is pretty serious in comparision to the 800s and they never seemed to like the distortion or OD pedals as much.

I always boosted the front end of my 900s with wirelesses, EQ's or EMG PA-2 preamps.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, It seems you were right. I just found this old picture (I posted it on Artist and their Gear section)of Andreas with his jcm800s.
      Thanks man.

Comment

Working...
      X