Boss GT-Pro opinions/ thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT-Pro opinions/ thoughts?

I currently own the GT-6 and am pleased with it but saw that there is a GT-Pro. I am interested in starting to create my own songs with a processor via computer and the pro can be connected thru a USB port.
    Anyone have or try one of these units yet? Are there limitations to the recording/tracks and software? Another thing I was wondering is if you can expand the banks on this unit. On the Gt-6 you basically have 4 (1-1,1-2,1-3,1-4) my question is if you have a song with lots of sounds/tones can you add more settings to the bank? like 1-1 thru 1-6 or 1-8 or something. or after you hit 1-4 the next would be 2-1 like the Gt-6. anyone get what I mean?

while also doing abit of research it sounded like there was a smart copy feature or something where I could transfer over my much loved sound patchs from the GT-6 into the GT-Pro is this true? that would be a huge bonus as I dont want to try and recreate my favorite patchs.

I know footpedals are not included and this unit looks to range from $750-$850. any info would be appreciated. Would this be a good set up for starting to record if I already like what the gt-6 has done for me sound and effectswise?

Re: Boss GT-Pro opinions/ thoughts?

I don't know, but I'm sure you can find an answer here. http://www.bossgtcentral.com/
    I just got a GT-8 and love it! The Boss forum has tons of great info.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toejam,
      What do you use for a power amp and speakers?
      Finn

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Toejam,
        What do you use for a power amp and speakers?
        Finn

[/ QUOTE ]
        Right now for my living room set-up, a one-space solid state Carvin DCM150 power amp and a 1x12 cab with Celestion G12T-75. It sounds really nice! I also tried it through my Mesa F-30, both in front and in the effects loop, but I didn't care for it that much. I guess I need to tweak it more for different setups. I haven't tried it through my Jackson vertical 2x12 cabs yet or my Crate 4x12, but I'm sure they will still sound pretty good with the Carvin power amp.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My recommendation is to get the GS-10. It has all the same COSM stuff as the GT-6 and then some. It does not have the dual-amp touch sensitive feature of the GT-8. Put it to you this way, I have a GS-10 and I bought a GT-8 just for the new touch sensitive feature. I had hoped that feature was going to be available for any paramenter (phaser mix, distortion gain, etc.). But it's not. It is solely limited to amp model blending. I returned the GT-8 because I don't need the footswitch (althought the GT-8 is a kickass unit).

The GS-10 comes with the PC editor for making patches, USB support, SPDIF, etc. It sounds fantastic. It has a very cool feature where each patch is a 3-channel amp but the 3 channels can be from any amp model you want. This is cooler than I first thought it would be. Compared to the Vetta in that regard, the Vetta only has 2 channels per patch but the Vetta will let you have them both on concurrently.

Editing patches on the GS-10 itself is a breeze. Way less menus then most other units because there are a lot of buttons and surface real estate dedicated to showing you what's up.

The GS-10 can serve as a late night practice amp all by itself. It has built-in speakers that don't sound half bad (make sure you set the output mode correctly or it will sound like crap).

Another bonus is that the GS-10 has the COSM stuff from the GT-6B so you have a nice palette of bass gear modeling as well.

Now the best part of the GS-10 is the price. Because of the GT-8 and GT-Pro the GS-10 is being blown out everywhere. These used to street at $500+. I got mine when they came down to $350 or so. Yesterday I was at the Raleigh GC and they were selling their demo model for $99. They seem to be going for about $200 on Ebay.

http://www.bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=129
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
          X