Thinking about modeling.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinking about modeling.......

How about getting 2 2-12's instead of the 1 4-12. Thats your biggest problem those things weigh so much. I sold mine and got a genz benz 2-12 and its so much easier.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      How about getting 2 2-12's instead of the 1 4-12. Thats your biggest problem those things weigh so much. I sold mine and got a genz benz 2-12 and its so much easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be a good solution as well. I have a Mesa half back 4x12 from the late 80's (I love this cab) that is a bit smaller than a typical 4x12, but I think I'm going to be on the lookout for a 2x12. Maybe Genzbenz, maybe mesa.
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
        That may be a good solution as well. I have a Mesa half back 4x12 from the late 80's (I love this cab) that is a bit smaller than a typical 4x12, but I think I'm going to be on the lookout for a 2x12. Maybe Genzbenz, maybe mesa.

[/ QUOTE ]
        Depends what kind of 2x12s you get. I've got a set of the Jackson vertical 2x12s... one of those things weighs more than a lot of 4x12 cabs!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I really like the ADA splitstack cabs - vertical 2x12s. I have one, it sounds great, 99% of the clips I post online that are of live amps are one. 50 watt celestions, and sound great. Only bad thing is - instead of a cool 1/2 stack, they look like a 'T' onstage with a head perched in the middle. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

back in the 80s Mesa also made some killer 2x12 horizontal cabs that sell around here for mid $300s. They are a little smaller than a 4x12 or a 4x10 - and sound really good.

Pete

Comment

By Shawn.."Also I think you should rehearse with the same gear that you use live...."

yep.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So Jim... what the hell are you bringing to the gig on Saturday????????/

Comment

i am currently using the XT live through a guitar head's fx return into a boogie verticle 2x12 and loving it.

both my lead guitarist and i switched over to the xt live and are very happy with the sounds. and if we're playing out of town. we just bring our pods and guitars and plug into the other bands shit with much success!

but i agree with the comment. play gigs with the same gear you reherse with! and if its a 2 guitar band. both need to have a similar rig. ie. both modeling or both tube! keep things consistant.

i have noticed with both of us using the xt live our sound comes out much cleaner through the PA. and stays consistant from gig to gig even when using the other bands rigs as power amps.

granted. top end tube gear tweaked properly for the room sounds best. but with sound men constantly telling us to turn down and the room changing from gig to gig... the XT live comes through like a champ. keeping it consistant at all levels and keeping us consistant with each other. leaving the tweaking to the sound man and PA. we just get a good volume between the 2 of us and GO!
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

REb, I couldn't have said it better myself. No matter what I plug my GT-6 into it sounds great. I have plugged into every type of amp imaginable and have always sounded great with the GT-6. The problem I have is when the other guitarist is cranking a 5150 1/2 stack right next to me. The crowd can still hear me fine but I can't hear myself. All I hear is the 5150!! With my Mark III, that is not an issue. I can stand in front of Jims Single Rectifier and still be able to hear my amp! I think it is more my hearing problem than anybody elses. I attribute it to many years standing in front of a 100w Hiwatt head and a full stack of red Marshall cabinets turned up LOUD. REAL LOUD.

Comment

I am with you man. I play a boogie but like others have problems getting it to sound good at a low (club) volume. After reading the comment (here) about the INXS house band using this stuff (even though I really think the dude that does all the solos uses Bogners)I thought I'd at least take one for a test drive. I just went and checked out a Spider 2. They didn't have the 147 or Vetta but I was really impressed with what I heard. I have no idea what amp model I was using, I was on the "Insane Channel D?" with some re verb and it sounded like VH 1. I am really interested in checking out the 147 and Vetta and am looking forward to hearing what they are like in a live situation.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      So Jim... what the hell are you bringing to the gig on Saturday????????/

[/ QUOTE ]

Rectifier all the way baby!!!!!!

Gmajor in the loop with my Bad Horsie in front with a tuner.

I need a Jubilee. Look in the classifieds!
                      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Working...
                      X