X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why are ada mp1\'s so cheap?

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    You may have heard a modeler and didn't even know it. I'd be willing to be that just about every studio out there has a POD or POD Pro kicking around somewhere. Several studios I've been in have them and use them.
    Jerry

[/ QUOTE ]

+1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They all use them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, i have heard many artists say they record with these things for fun and they sounded so good they just decided to use it instead of re-recording with a real tube amp. I have seen many groups use these live and you would never be able to tell the difference if they hide them off stage. I love my pod's, i will just jam for hours with them!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      You may have heard a modeler and didn't even know it. I'd be willing to be that just about every studio out there has a POD or POD Pro kicking around somewhere. Several studios I've been in have them and use them.
      Jerry

[/ QUOTE ]

+1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They all use them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, i have heard many artists say they record with these things for fun and they sounded so good they just decided to use it instead of re-recording with a real tube amp. I have seen many groups use these live and you would never be able to tell the difference if they hide them off stage. I love my pod's, i will just jam for hours with them!

[/ QUOTE ]
      Exactly,. Usually what happend is they lay down scratch tracks an reference tracks with a POD. Then they go over them with "real" amps and what happens is most of the time the POD tracks wind up staying in because they sound so good.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Jerry

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the rhythm tracks recorded for the Article 13 record by Mark and I were two tracks of Marshall, one track of Laney, and quite often, one track of fairly clean Pod.
        So while that statement may be true, you'd may be hard pressed to put your finger on it.
        The clean Pod will be mixed in very low to provide some sparkle to the distortion tracks. And if I could have used a Rockman instead, I would have!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          You may have heard a modeler and didn't even know it.

[/ QUOTE ]
          My quote was that I haven't heard a GREAT one yet. I own a POD and although I get some kick ass direct recording tones with it, it pales compared to my ADA (live), even when run through the same rack system. I am well aware of the usefulness of modelers, but I'd like to hear which ones you folks think would make a great centerpiece to build a system around. I haven't heard one yet that I like better than my ADA/BBE/2:90 combo.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            You may have heard a modeler and didn't even know it.

[/ QUOTE ]
            My quote was that I haven't heard a GREAT one yet. I own a POD and although I get some kick ass direct recording tones with it, it pales compared to my ADA (live), even when run through the same rack system. I am well aware of the usefulness of modelers, but I'd like to hear which ones you folks think would make a great centerpiece to build a system around. I haven't heard one yet that I like better than my ADA/BBE/2:90 combo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever tried a pod/bbe/2:90 combo, i think it kicks ass, and yes i do own the ADA, great preamp but limited.

Comment

please name ONE kickas sounding record wich has made with POD, just ONE, I know that Fear Factory has used POD, their sound is OK but nothing amazing IMO.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

malevolent creation - the will to kill

Comment

I reckon that most of the recordings done with a POD will also have mic'ed guitars as well- the POD sounds great mixed in with "real" guitars, as it adds extra bite and definition to the warmer mic'ed sound, but all-POD sounds crap to my ears...
                  C

Comment

Gus G used his POD 2.0 a heck of a lot. (Firewind, Dream Evil, etc) Don't know about Live, but I doubt he's using those Krank's.
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      please name ONE kickas sounding record wich has made with POD, just ONE, I know that Fear Factory has used POD, their sound is OK but nothing amazing IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is alot of artists wil not admit to using them even though they do, talk to alot of producers and you will see just how much they are actually used, even alot of real tube snobs will still use them for touch up tracks.

Comment

still, I don't see ANY names that has a really KICKASS tone wich is made with POD.

Pod is a cool thing, I think I'll get one for demos, but for album recording....yeah right.

If I would have the change to talk to producers/engineers (the real producers) like David Botrill, Bob Rock, Andy Wallace etc. then I would ask that, but I'm pretty sure they don't use POD for some really really good rock tone.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of them do. I worked in a studio for 3 years. Bands rarely list gear they use in the studio without some kind of endorsement deal. For instance:
                          Mesa endorsees ABSOLUTELY use Mesa's in the studio
                          Marshall
                          Krank
                          VHT
                          Bogner
                          etc..... all the same.
                          You "actually" only have to use your endorsed amp for the tiniest portion to protect your contract.
                          Same thing with guitars. Many endorsed guitarists will actually only play their signature model for 1 or 2 songs during a 2 hour set. This is only so the press can snap photo's.
                          Nowadays, guitarists and producers come into the studio with already POD or other modeler recorded tracks so they don't have to waste time finding a good tone. Especially for scratch or reference tracks.
                          There is so much going on behind the studio doors that you never hear about from studio musician playing complex parts, looping, "autocorrect!!", quantizing, sampling.. etc... When a band has the time and the money they use EVERYTHING. I will give you an example of a band who went back to basics and didn't take advantage of all the magic that can be created in the studio:
                          Metallic---- St. Anger
                          It sounds like crap.

Comment

I still need some names [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            POD may be good for some indie rock/alt. rock, pop
                            but for in your face rock tone.
                            I'm almost 100% sure that there aren't any POD used in Alter Bridge rhythm tone (Tremoti said what he used, and there were a lot of things that he doesn't endorsee and never use live etc.) Same thing with Godsmack and Mudvayne. I like some of their tones, and I'm pretty sure that they didn't used PODs

Comment

Allan Holdsworth got nice sounds on the Sixteen Men Of Tain album with a Yamaha DG. But then again he could plug into a toaster and sound good. LOL

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                I still need some names [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                POD may be good for some indie rock/alt. rock, pop
                                but for in your face rock tone.
                                I'm almost 100% sure that there aren't any POD used in Alter Bridge rhythm tone (Tremoti said what he used, and there were a lot of things that he doesn't endorsee and never use live etc.) Same thing with Godsmack and Mudvayne. I like some of their tones, and I'm pretty sure that they didn't used PODs

[/ QUOTE ]
                                Here are some names:
                                Everybody agrees that the house band on the show INXS Rockstar kills and the guitarist shreds and gets GREAT tone. He uses all Line 6 equipment. So does INXS. Also (lifted directly from the Line 6 website):
                                The line up at Warped Tour this year is full of Line 6 artists. My Chemical Romance, Thrice, Strung Out, Senses Fail, Atreyu, MxPx, Reggie & The Full Effect, Armor For Sleep, Tsunami Bomb and many more we hope to catch! / Line 6 is also the official guitar rig back line of the Shiragirl Stage, which is highlighting female artists from around the world.
                                Lenny Kravitz KILLED on SNL with 2 Vetta's live.
                                Seether and Evenesence uses Line 6. 3 Doors Down guitarist uses the XT in the studio along with other POD Pro studio effects. Michael Angelo Bateo uses Vetta's.
                                I am sure more poeple can chime in.

Comment

Working...
                                X