why are ada mp1's so cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why are ada mp1\'s so cheap?

yeah some of them are pretty cool, but non of them has a really really awsome tone like Alter Bridge has IMO, but then again I'm very picky when it comes to tone, there are only a few albums in rock history wich tone I really like [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Michael Romeo from Symphony X uses a Vetta II head.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        yeah some of them are pretty cool, but non of them has a really really awsome tone like Alter Bridge has IMO, but then again I'm very picky when it comes to tone, there are only a few albums in rock history wich tone I really like [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. For some reason, some of my favorite rhythm guitar tones are from Disturbed's Believe and The Sickness.
        I also like the guitar tone in Dr. Feelgood alot.
        My all time favorite lead tone is Malmsteen's.
        My favorite rhythm tone is Rudy Schenker's.

Comment

Disturbd has a very cool tone IMHO, about Motley, Feelgood is awsome, but their '94 album is THE SHIT when it comes to tone, the guitars and the drums are out of this world (Bob Rock did the feelgood and 94 both). I like Blue Murder '89, Whitesnake '87, Dokken - Under Lock And Key, Metallica - Black the most.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Disturbd has a very cool tone IMHO, about Motley, Feelgood is awsome, but their '94 album is THE SHIT when it comes to tone, the guitars and the drums are out of this world (Bob Rock did the feelgood and 94 both). I like Blue Murder '89, Whitesnake '87, Dokken - Under Lock And Key, Metallica - Black the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your above list is very high up on my list too. Especially the Whitesnake and the Dokken.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              I still need some names [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              POD may be good for some indie rock/alt. rock, pop
              but for in your face rock tone.
              I'm almost 100% sure that there aren't any POD used in Alter Bridge rhythm tone (Tremoti said what he used, and there were a lot of things that he doesn't endorsee and never use live etc.) Same thing with Godsmack and Mudvayne. I like some of their tones, and I'm pretty sure that they didn't used PODs

[/ QUOTE ]
              Here are some names:
              Everybody agrees that the house band on the show INXS Rockstar kills and the guitarist shreds and gets GREAT tone. He uses all Line 6 equipment. So does INXS. Also (lifted directly from the Line 6 website):
              The line up at Warped Tour this year is full of Line 6 artists. My Chemical Romance, Thrice, Strung Out, Senses Fail, Atreyu, MxPx, Reggie & The Full Effect, Armor For Sleep, Tsunami Bomb and many more we hope to catch! / Line 6 is also the official guitar rig back line of the Shiragirl Stage, which is highlighting female artists from around the world.
              Lenny Kravitz KILLED on SNL with 2 Vetta's live.
              Seether and Evenesence uses Line 6. 3 Doors Down guitarist uses the XT in the studio along with other POD Pro studio effects. Michael Angelo Bateo uses Vetta's.
              I am sure more poeple can chime in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you may not like there tone, but ok you forced it, Evenesence's album was recorded with flextone 2 heads, i think the 1st two 3 doors down were both done with HD2 heads, and i think both groups had crushing tones. I also know that groups like no doubt, cranberrys use the line 6 pod pro for all there tone both live and studio. weezer recorded an album with it and had good tone, crappy song writting though. Weezer also did a whole tour just using pod pro's and you couldnt tell the difference between the pods and when they normaly would use the marshall's, and i know i have seen them about 4 times in concert now using both setups. Sum 41 records and plays with pod pro's mixed with marshall amps, there are many groups, unfortunaly more may not be to "your" liking, but they can get great tone, i think if there werent so many tube snobs out there more people would feel free and open to play them and endorse them. Of course with all solid state equiptment you need alot of headroom so they dont get shrill and sterlie sounding, that is why they sound great with a pa.

Comment

You may have heard a modeler and didn't even know it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My quote was that I haven't heard a GREAT one yet. I own a POD and although I get some kick ass direct recording tones with it, it pales compared to my ADA (live), even when run through the same rack system. I am well aware of the usefulness of modelers, but I'd like to hear which ones you folks think would make a great centerpiece to build a system around. I haven't heard one yet that I like better than my ADA/BBE/2:90 combo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever tried a pod/bbe/2:90 combo, i think it kicks ass, and yes i do own the ADA, great preamp but limited.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yes, like I mentioned above, it doesn't sound near as good through the same system. I like it's direct tone much better than its live tone. And going direct, I like it much better for leads than for rhythm parts.

Comment

INXS house band

Sorry, don't mean to thread jack but thought the guy that solos all the time on the show was using a bunch of red
                  Bogners ??? The MP 1 sounded great on Extreme's P. Graffiti album. Nuno really shredded with that thing.

Comment

Re: INXS house band

ok to get back on topic, they are so cheap because they are like a crack whore, been used and abused by most every musician that came through town!

Comment

The best sound comes from recording 100 different guitarparts with 100 different amps and layering them 100 different ways using the good old analog tape method. And then a good producer makes sure that stuff goes well together: BAM sonic bliss.

I hold pro-tools directly responsible for the demise of music.
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I have noticed that pro-tools kinda ruins the distorted guitar tone, sometimes a little bit, sometimes more. I don't like that, digidesign must fix that.

Comment

i'm sure you guys don't know them, but illdisposed (danish melodic death metal band) use line 6 flextone heads live. sounds great, night after night.
                          in the studio they used mesa and bogner, though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Anybody tried the H&K ZenTerra? I have heard good things about it but I've never seen one in any of the stores that I go to.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              The best sound comes from recording 100 different guitarparts with 100 different amps and layering them 100 different ways using the good old analog tape method. And then a good producer makes sure that stuff goes well together: BAM sonic bliss.

I hold pro-tools directly responsible for the demise of music.

[/ QUOTE ]

I differ. I think Pro-Tools is directly responsible for all the great sounding music that has come out lately. It affords the average or slightly above average musician the opportunity to sound great without having to hock most of his equipment to go into a professional recording studio.

Comment

even the greatest pros who record with pro tools will have a strong signal loss in the guitar tone, it's a fact. Mixing is another thing. That's why the huge bugdet artists still record thru Neve pres. etc and later mix with digital stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X