Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM 800 2204 with Voodoo Mod

Hey Guys
    OK I received the 2204 that was on Ebay a couple weeks ago and spent some time with it yesterday and this morning. It smokes and I am completely happy. An entirely differen't animal than my 5150.
    Now I have a couple questions regarding effects. The dry tone of the amp is sweet, but for leads I am not sure what to use. Since there is no loop in the head and I don't want to do the speaker sim to another power amp for rack effects I was wondering if anyone could recommend some pedals to get some lead tones similar to Degarmo or Lynch. I know that is vauge, but what I am after is a sweet smooth lead tone with tons of sustain. In fact right now I am thinking of the lead in Comfortably Numb. I always thought Degarmos tone was somewhat similar to Gilmoures and I need to know if there is something out there that will get me in the ballpark.
    [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Robert

Re: JCM 800 2204 with Voodoo Mod

Anyone Home???

Comment

I could nail Gilmours tone on comfortably numb almost to a T with a Mark III on its R2 channel and a regular Boss OD pedal.

R2 is supposed to be its marshall channel. I'm not sure that's what you're looking for though.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

just get a boss delay pedal DD-3, or with a higher number. or the line 6 delay pedal.

really, a delay pedal is all you need. a delay pedal with temp tap is always a plus!
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Boss OD-3 and a Boss DD-6. Done. Your welcome...

Comment

A delay pedal will sound like shit thrown infront of the head that way. I have 3 modded Marshalls and my best advice for you is to spend the extra money and get a loop put in it. Dont get me wrong there are some pedals that will sound good put infront of an amp, but IMO I think time based effects all sound like shit unless they are in a loop.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              A delay pedal will sound like shit thrown infront of the head that way. I have 3 modded Marshalls and my best advice for you is to spend the extra money and get a loop put in it. Dont get me wrong there are some pedals that will sound good put infront of an amp, but IMO I think time based effects all sound like shit unless they are in a loop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a generally true statement but if you use a good delay like a DD-6 it sounds fine. I agree though, time based effects sound the best in the loop.

Comment

I have a question, WHY THE HECK ANYONE WOULD EVEN TRIE TO USE THE DELAY OR REVERB BEFORE THE DISTORTION???????
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I have a question, WHY THE HECK ANYONE WOULD EVEN TRIE TO USE THE DELAY OR REVERB BEFORE THE DISTORTION???????

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Thats why you need an effects loop. I dont even understand why they would make an amp without a loop. Seems stupid to me. If that was my head I would just spring for the extra money and get a loop put in. Then go out and get yourself a nice processor.

Comment

Not gonna get those tones without a loop. Delay sounds like ass in front of a dirty amp tone.
                    Jerry
                    FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

delay in front of distortion sounds HORRIBLE unless you want to make some noise (like Tool did)
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                      X