Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of the new amp modeller floorboards...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of the new amp modeller floorboards...

Well I'm trying to change my POD 2.0 and shell in some extra cash for a floorboard amp modeller. I don't use half the features on the POD, and I don't even need the effects. Should I even bother with stuff like the GT6 or 8 (second hand) or the POD XT live? How about stuff like the new Korg AX3000? I have no real budget as I'd sell the POD 2.0 and add some, maybe count in 300 euros/200 pounds. Thanks if you can help guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Out of the new amp modeller floorboards...

used GT-6 , i just sold mine for 250 euro's great device

Comment

I hear that the boss GTs are mostly effects, as opposted to amp modellers?

Other possibilities are the Digitech GNX2/3 and GNX3000.

Comment

GT-6 has amp modeling too http://bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=85

Comment

Mhmm...
          Is it possible to use it as a pedal? Place it in the FX return and when turned off, it being true bypass and letting the amp's settings and sound off, and when you turn it on replace the preamp?

Comment

I just saw a band the other night, and the guitar player uses one of the Line 6 floor units (POD XT Live?). They played everything from Johny Cash to Bob Seger to Motley Crue to Pantera, and it all sounded great IMO.

Comment

that what i wanna know
              i would really like to be able to use just the efx..but i dont know how to set up my gt8 to do that i dont spend a hole lot of time...messing and learning...primarly case..well i simply dont like it that much..mainly because..its hard to use..i guess its a vicious cylce.... anybody wanna give me some Retard Follow Directions...since..my patience with this thing is like Zilch....all i want is effects...and my POWERBALL

Comment

Just save your patches on the GT-6/8 with preamp off and you'll just have fx.

tons of info on gt-6/8 on http://www.bossgtcentral.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  that what i wanna know
                  i would really like to be able to use just the efx..but i dont know how to set up my gt8 to do that i dont spend a hole lot of time...messing and learning...primarly case..well i simply dont like it that much..mainly because..its hard to use..i guess its a vicious cylce.... anybody wanna give me some Retard Follow Directions...since..my patience with this thing is like Zilch....all i want is effects...and my POWERBALL

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I use my GT-8's preamp/speaker amp simulators (into a power amp and speaker cab) because I think they sound great, but you can just plug the unit into your amp's effects loop, shut the preamp sims off and just use the effects no problem. Go to BossCentral to learn some tips of the unit if you can't figure certain things out. It really isn't that hard of a unit to get used to. http://www.bossgtcentral.com/
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

2 minds 1 thought haha [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL Maotar beat me to it! Great minds think alike! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X