Marshall VS230 preamp tube...help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall VS230 preamp tube...help.

Hey everyone, I obviously own one of these amps but, am a total noob at servicing amps. I would like to replace the preamp tube in it as it is over due. Apparently this amp has a ECC83 (12AX7) Can someone who's done this give me a quick walkthrough on how to change it if they have time. Thanks, it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Marshall VS230 preamp tube...help.

Overdue? Is your amp sounding any different? Those things can last just about forever without needing to be replaced. I've never had to do anything to my old Valvestate 8240 I got new over 10 years ago. Though, if you do want to change it, just pull it out of its socket and put another one in.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah Toejam, The distortion channel is sounding weeker (fuzzier) than when I bought it used 4 yrs ago. I am assuming that this could have something to do with it...like I said I am a total noob at servicing these. That's not to say I'm not mechanically inclined though.

I figured it was that easy to do but, just wondering about any precautions I should take. Also is there a particular brand I should replace it with? Personal preference I'm assuming?? Where can I order one?

Comment

Yes, any 12AX7 preamp tube will be fine. Here's a few places you can order tubes from.
        www.thetubestore.com
        www.revolutionguitar.com
        www.eurotubes.com

Comment

Thanks a bunch toejam!!

Comment

No problem. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X