Modeling or Tubes or BOTH!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Modeling or Tubes or BOTH!!!

Too bad I don't live near you guys - I'd let you borrow my Vetta for a rehearsal/gig. That's how I got started with mine - a friend let me rehearse with his once and borrow it for a few days so I could really mess with it.

Pete

Comment

Pete, I played in a band where the other guitarist used a Vetta for almost 2 years. What an incredible amp. For the clubs we play, both Jim and myself could get by with Vetta combo's no problem. The stage would be alot cleaner too. Vetta combo, foot controller, 1 cable connecting them, 1 cable running from each to the board. Done. With our Boogies we have so many pedals and cables on the floor its a friggin mess.

Comment

I was impressed with the HD 147 at the store..I would love to bring it home ..just to jam with my kid..

just to see if it maintains coolness at the essential volume levels..LOUD! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Great to hear John! I'm glad you got into the Boogie and you didn't get rif of her! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            My tone is great for Godsmack, but terrible for Grand Funk Railroad.

[/ QUOTE ]
            In my last band, the other guitar player had the same amp (Single Rec) that you are using it sounds as though we did similar music to you guys. He overcame the problem you mention with a variety of overdrive, fuzz,and distortion pedals that let him get a variety of great tones using just his clean channel. He would then use the high gain channel for most of the 80's metal in our set. It worked well and his tone was always smokin' and worked quite well with my rack system (typically built around a Triple Giant or MP1 pre, through a 2:90). Just an idea. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Great to hear John! I'm glad you got into the Boogie and you didn't get rif of her! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, me too. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm a tube guy, but I think that with the quality of the modeling in a vetta II, line 6 needs to make a rackmount version of the vettaII modeling so us tube guys can pair it up with a nice tube poweramp.

Comment

Problem solved. I bought Brads Vetta. I'm going to experiment with both rigs for a while. See which grabs me more. Stay tuned.......

Well actually no need to stay tuned. We've been over this so many times already. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I got a Boss GT8 and am totally impressed with it. I dicked with the XT Live and the Boss won hands down.

Regarding tube heads versus modeling: Tubes do give you that distinct sound. I wont deny it. However, Do you think more than 1% of anyone listening to you actually gives a shit or knows the difference between a Mesa or a Uber? As long as it sounds decent and you are playing decent is all they care about. I am all up for walking in with a guitar, a processor and plugging direct into the PA. When the night is over and everyone is loading up thousands of dollars worth of stuff, trying to track down all their patch chords, worried about bumping their expensive heads around, etc.....I am (correction: I used to until I got married ) somewhere with some tramps and sluts getting high, drinking booze and watching them do unique things with foreign objects. But, hey, thats just the thing I like to do.-Lou
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Working...
                    X