The $275 half stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The $275 half stack

Head was $175 shipped off of ebay, and cabinet was only $100 local pickup from jgcable (Crate w/ Peavey speakers {forget what kind}). Sounds amazing and belies its humble roots. I don't care about anything else, right now I'm in metal heaven. On the floor are a twisteramps preamp pedal and analogman metal zone.

Re: The $275 half stack

Congrats!! Great score.

Comment

Dude, VTM's rule! I had a VTM60 back in the day. Killer amp. Nice score. Thats a killer cab for the price as well.
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I agree. I am a huge fan of the VTM. I had one that could knock walls down and make Marshall JCM900's run and hide.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I agree. I am a huge fan of the VTM. I had one that could knock walls down and make Marshall JCM900's run and hide.

[/ QUOTE ]
          I've never playes one, but from all the rumbling on the JCF, it doesn't sounds hard to kick the 900's ass, haha. I'm really loving this one though, I played it through my strat with a tone zone first, thought "wow", then used my EMG LP and it just kicked it into a whole nother level. Dare I say it: maybe even a little more growl than I need. Although I currently have it dialed in with "pre gain", bass, treble dimed, presence and mid at zero, and "post gain" at 3 or 4. I'm currently experimenting with dialing in mids and playing with preamp/poweramp distortions.

jg - I saw from your posts about your gig this weekend that you didnt mention the metal zone. Did you not get it in time? If it is, I'm sorry. Sounds like you were pretty well equipped, though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
            I've never playes one, but from all the rumbling on the JCF, it doesn't sounds hard to kick the 900's ass, haha. I'm really loving this one though, I played it through my strat with a tone zone first, thought "wow", then used my EMG LP and it just kicked it into a whole nother level. Dare I say it: maybe even a little more growl than I need. Although I currently have it dialed in with "pre gain", bass, treble dimed, presence and mid at zero, and "post gain" at 3 or 4. I'm currently experimenting with dialing in mids and playing with preamp/poweramp distortions.

jg - I saw from your posts about your gig this weekend that you didnt mention the metal zone. Did you not get it in time? If it is, I'm sorry. Sounds like you were pretty well equipped, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
            I got it but I didn't need it for the gig. I used the Boogie boost. The Metal Zone is a welcome addition to my board though.

Comment

cool..my old bud almost bought one of those right when that came out..we only tried it everday for like a month..he bought a marshall...

I thought that Peavey sounded very good..

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
              X