another impedance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another impedance question

let's say you want to hook up both a marshall 1960 (4 or 16 ohm) cab and an 8 ohm mesa rectifier cab, how would you do it? i'm just guessing, but i'd set the marshall cab to 16 ohms and plug both cabs into the 4 ohm parallel outputs.

another question: amps like the mesa caliber, dual caliber, mark etc series often have only two 4 ohm and 1 8 ohm outputs. if you want to use two 1960 cabs, can you safely plug them both (set to 16 ohms each) into the 4 ohm outputs (basically putting an 8 ohm load on a 4 ohm output), or do you have to use a splitter box and plug it into the single 8 ohm output?

Re: another impedance question

I *Think* you would set the cabs to 4 ohms and plug them into the 4 ohm output jacks.

Comment

I beleive Mesa's online owners manuals will answer these questions for you. I know this is addressed well in the Stiletto manual.

Comment

I think it's safe to plug the two cabs into th e4 ohm plugs in the Mk III, firstly because the Mk III is the strongest tank of an amp ever built, secondly since this will only result in a drop in volume (again: I THINK).
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

For one 8-ohm cab and one 16-ohm cab... the 4-ohm output would go to the 8-ohm cab, the 8-ohm output would go to the 16-ohm cab for a safe mismatch.

For two 16-ohm cabs, you could go from both 4-ohm outputs into the cabs for a safe mismatch.

Also for two 16-ohm cabs, you could get an 8-ohm parallel box to give you your two 16-ohm outputs for a correct match.

Check out the manuals on Mesa's site for descriptions on different cabs and ohm matches/mismatches. Here's the manual for my F-30... scroll down to page 21. http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/F-Series.pdf
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X