2x12 cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x12 cab

Where can I get a decent and reasonably cheap 2x12 cab?
    I'm gonna start jamming with some people here soon, and my 4x12 cab will not fit in my trunk, making it a huge pain in the ass to haul around... thus, I would like a 2x12 for this very purpose. I want something that doesn't sound like ass, but won't break the bank. Any suggestions?

I'd love a Genz Benz G-Flex or a Mesa cab, but those are out of my price range, at around 500 bucks a pop... hell, that's what my 4x12 cost anyway.

Re: 2x12 cab

I've used an ADA Splitstack cab with great success. 2x12, came with celestion 50 watt speakers, sound great and are like a 4x12 slant split in two. They sell in my area for around $149 used, and are a great value IMHO.

Pete

Comment

Check out Avatar

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Check out Avatar

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it. Great cabs for the money.
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Avatar is good, i also got a marshall 1936 2x12, i am asking $325 plus shipping. Just depends on what speakers you want though, what are you using now?

Comment

I know of Avatar, and I've been considering that.. the black metal 2x12 looks pretty good, and Eminence speakers are more than decent... I also just looked up Carvin's stuff, the SX series 2x12 extension cab is reasonably priced, so I might consider that.

A local music store has an upright 2x12 Mesa Boogie cab with Celestion V30s in it, but it looks a little beat up and they want 350 for it... I could trade my current cab for it, which I really don't want to do, or I could wait until I have some money and try to talk 'em down on the price..

Right now I have a Triple XXX 4x12 cab, which sounds pretty good with my amp..
            I'm a little broke right now so I can't decide on anything at the moment, just trying to figure out what is out there and for what price..

If I can find something reasonably good for under 200 used that would be the best, as I'm not looking for a MAIN cab, mostly I'm looking for a secondary cab.. unless I could get a 2x12 that somehow sounds meaner than what I've got going on now, and I don't see that happening exactly.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I know of Avatar, and I've been considering that.. the black metal 2x12 looks pretty good, and Eminence speakers are more than decent... I also just looked up Carvin's stuff, the SX series 2x12 extension cab is reasonably priced, so I might consider that.

A local music store has an upright 2x12 Mesa Boogie cab with Celestion V30s in it, but it looks a little beat up and they want 350 for it... I could trade my current cab for it, which I really don't want to do, or I could wait until I have some money and try to talk 'em down on the price..

Right now I have a Triple XXX 4x12 cab, which sounds pretty good with my amp..
              I'm a little broke right now so I can't decide on anything at the moment, just trying to figure out what is out there and for what price..

If I can find something reasonably good for under 200 used that would be the best, as I'm not looking for a MAIN cab, mostly I'm looking for a secondary cab.. unless I could get a 2x12 that somehow sounds meaner than what I've got going on now, and I don't see that happening exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

IF it is the newer mesa upright vertical then talk them to $325 and put that baby on lay away, it will be worth it!

Comment

It's not newer, that I know of.. it's pretty old

Comment

If you can find a good price on a used Peavey 2x12 such as the 212M (Sheffield speakers, metal grill), they are worth it. I bought one for $200 used shortly after they were discontinued. I also have a pair of Peavey 212SX cabs, but they came with whatever Peavey's pre-Sheffield speakers were.

I like the Genz-Benz G-Flex a lot myself, but I know what you mean about the price.
                  sigpic

Comment

You're not going to find anything worthwhile for less than $200. There are a couple of used Avatars on TGP for around $250, Celestion loaded. That's about as good as it gets.

Comment

How about find an empty 2x12 and use 2 of your speakers from your 4x12. Just till you get the cash.

Comment

If you can find one, the Marshall 1966a and 1966b are really nice and affordable "upright" 2x12 cabs. I have the 1966b and I really love it. They have the G12-75 watt Celestions in them. Plus it's really light to carry around, unlike my heavy-as-hell upright Mesa 2x12 cab (which I also love, but it was much more expensive.) They aren't made anymore, but I see used ones for sale occasionally.

[edit] Here's one for sale on the 'bay, but it's a little pricey: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7350517221 [/edit]

Comment

There is a used Avatar on harmony central. It has 2 Celestion 75 in it and the guy will give you the option of either the cane grill (which looks like ass) or the metal grill. If I remember correctly he is asking $200 shipped. Great deal go check it out. I think it is listed under the amps section.

Comment

I just went and checked ot out for you. If you are interested go to www.harmonycentral.com go to the discussion forum and then to amps and it is on the 3rd page. The guy want $200 plus shipping. The cab looks brand new.

Comment

thanks guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X