I *Think* I Want...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I *Think* I Want...

if you have a pod now (is it an xt or 2.0? not that it matters, just curious) anyway get yourself an atomic 1x12 amp for it to go in. i have a pod XT with the line 6 metal pack ugrade in an atomic 1x12 and it brings new life to the pod and makes the patches sound much more organic, warm and real. for a low watt 1x12 it's plenty loud and with the bass port it has a monsterous low end on tap if you want it. i'm like you i love my tube amps (i also have a JMP...a '79 50w and an engl and a peavey) but this little podXT and atomic setup rocks and i find myself using it at home more than i use the stacks.

here it is http://www.zzounds.com/item--ATOR112

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Chuck, get the Vetta. The POD doesn't touch the Vetta. I don't care what anyone says. Do as Brad says and get a Vetta 1. If you do end up with a Vetta II, try and get a later built one. I had one of the first Vetta II's out the gate and it went back twice for transformer problems - this was very widely reported when the Vetta II came out. I eventually sold my Vetta II and regretted it almost immediately. I picked up a Vetta I head upgraded to V2 software and it sounds identical and I spent a LOT less on the VI.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

No you don't!

You want some cold beers and some cheese nacho's, step away from the oval shaped red thing with flashy lights! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

A cheaper version would just be to buy several back issues of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition - some great modelers in there and better than suffering the "it's alot of fun until your friends see you doing it" syndrome [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I did play a *gasp* Line 6 Spider combo that was CHEAP and did what it was supposed to do, and it was CHEAP...did I mention it was CHEAP ?

Steve E

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hooo boy...NOW I'm in trouble!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have the L6 Flextone III XL Combo with the floor board too. I like it. I have been playing through it for the last few months since we moved until this week actually. I just did not have the time to get the head/cab thing going and this was instant plug in and play. It is in no way as good to my ears as running my rig but it is damn fun and really nice to be able to go through all the different amps/effects at the push of a button. I think they are great. It is the only amp I have had since I got the SLO that has stuck around. That says something...

Comment

I had a Vetta I upgraded to Vetta II specs and after a while decided to sell it. It was just too much for the kind of use I was giving it (bedroom playing). Now I have a POD XT Live and find as cool as the Vetta. I don't have the double tracking feature of the Vetta, but I don't miss it much. Unfortunately I have to sell it along some other gear to cover some unforseen expenses, but I think I'll get another one some day soon. I believe that there is no substitute for tube amp, but the POD can give you great tones and its just fun messing with it.

Comment

My brother bought a vetta I that was upgraded to a II. He loves it. Sold all his other heads. I believe a good tube amp is a must because they just sound better to my ears but modelers of today are excellent. I had to have one of each [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]!

Comment

Chuck, if you are contemplating a moddler, do your self a favor and at least check out the VOX stuff before you make up your mind. For me the VOX has been the best modeling I have tried, but what do I know...I like the J Station better than the POD!

Comment

IMO Vetta 1 upgraded to Vetta2 software i what you need I prefer the head but could do the combo.
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

off the subject...but i love godofrhythm's sig. I like my V-Amp pretty well, and I've played it side by side with a couple different Pods. Hard to beat the price too.
                        I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Thank you! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It's a rather famous quote, but it's so true!
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                          X