Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live amp review... Mesa and 5150

[ QUOTE ]
    that fuckin' 422 really does a number with that 5150 huh man..night and day difference!!!

I never heard that unit work so well with any other amp..

It does well with my Marshall rack too..

But My Uber Hates it...but it don't need it..

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried it on my Mark III. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
    It sounded like canned mushed ass.
    I tried it on 2 of my Carvin amps. DISGUSTING FLUB.
    I put it back in the loop of the 5150. GODLIKE. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Its the most crushing tone I have ever gotten in 30 years of banging it out in the metal scene.

Comment

One of the amps that I would put in the class of an Uber and 5150 is a VHT Pittbull CLX 100. These amps are paint strippers, very loud and very-very aggressive. With that being said, I sold mine, not because of above said traits, but because it had no sag at all, the tightests sounding amp I have ever heard. It would be great if all you played was straight tight sounding speed metal, but I play that plus heavy plam muting, and in that I nead more sag at times. What the VHT CLX 100 could really use is a switch like the Peavys do, Tight-Medium-Loose tightness switch. Jack.

Comment

yeah..but did you DIME the gain on the Uber and leave it there and tweak the eqs to THAT??!!

That's the key to BRUTALITY!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well, hopefully I will be able to find out soon what this little BBE can do with a 5150....5150 on the way! Now to find a BBE!

Comment

The difference is night and day!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

John, kind of a weird question here, but could you put an estimate on the weight of the Mk III head?
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                John, kind of a weird question here, but could you put an estimate on the weight of the Mk III head?

[/ QUOTE ]
                I would say it weighs in around 40 lbs. Its pretty heavy. About the same as a 5150. Certainly not as heavy as a Marshall 2210.

Comment

Thanks man, muchos appreciated! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    One of the amps that I would put in the class of an Uber and 5150 is a VHT Pittbull CLX 100. These amps are paint strippers, very loud and very-very aggressive. With that being said, I sold mine, not because of above said traits, but because it had no sag at all, the tightests sounding amp I have ever heard. It would be great if all you played was straight tight sounding speed metal, but I play that plus heavy plam muting, and in that I nead more sag at times. What the VHT CLX 100 could really use is a switch like the Peavys do, Tight-Medium-Loose tightness switch. Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

The XXX has that switch. The 5150 has a resonance control. Its perfect for that application and makes the amp really versatile for a high gain monster.

Comment

BTW, any amp with a presence control can be modded for a depth control pretty easily. Just FYI.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                      X