Tube Screamer...advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube Screamer...advice?

I've seen a lot of players using these, and I would like to try one. What are the differences between the various "models" TS808, etc.

Re: Tube Screamer...advice?

I don't like Tube Screamers, but I own a Sound Tank TS and a '82 real deal TS and my friend has a reissue TS. Buy far the original '82 TS is the best sounding one, and it is not subtle. Makes me ALMOST like Tube Screamers! Let me know if you might be interested in my '82. It is almost mint and worth the price if you like these things IMO.

Comment

I'm not sure what the difference between the Tube Screamer models are, but I purchased the TS808 recently and it sounds great. The originals are very expensive but the re-issues are reasonable.

Comment

I would go with Maxon OD-820 if money is not an issue. Cleanest clean boost I have ever experienced...

Comment

The cheapest way is to get a TS5 (the plastic bug lookin' thing) and then mod it to TS808 specs or mod it to taste (less mids, more bass, etc).

Pete

Comment

analogman sd1 with the 808 mod its a tube screamer in a boss pedal

Comment

OK, where do I find info on doing the 808 mod?

Comment

I agree. The cheapest way to go is modding a TS-5. The best way to go is to mod a TS-7 which is the Tonelock version of the TS-9. Its circuitry is identical to the stock TS-9 so doing an 808 mod on it is cake.

Comment

Maxon OD-9 is also nice. I have one along with an original early '80's Ibanez TS-9. They sound quite different. The Maxon sounds more hi fi and the Ibanez more vintagey/lo fi.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    OK, where do I find info on doing the 808 mod?

[/ QUOTE ] Here ya go. http://www.analogman.com/ts9.htm#ts808
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X