Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best brand new overall amp for metal LIVE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best brand new overall amp for metal LIVE!!

Here is my CAE3+se doing its Uberschall imitation, Bill is playing this with his Wolfgang. Cheap mics sitting there playing around when I first got the thing. Dialed in much better now, hehe...

http://www.clevelandmetalzone.com/mp3/billberschall.mp3

Comment

Wow thanks Endrik..as heavy as my music is I do think is it more melodic and accesible to most than slayer...although alot of my stuff is very Slayer-eque...at times.

I have a knack for writing catchy hooks and grooves that just sounds like music I want to hear.

I think never being a cover guitarist help that greatly..I always dedicated all my time doing my thing.

Cool 5150 dude..now you KNOW you need a BBE 422 in that loop right..it is essential..BIG TIME..it does wonders to that head!!!

and kick the gain up to 6..it will retain it's focus with ease..especialy with the matching 5150 cab..which are cheaper than a Marshall cabs and sound much better with that amp..SERIOUSLY!!

that will be right on par with my bogner..Hell I could tweak that bitch to sound prety close in brutality to the Uber..not quite..but very close , at least in the same ball park..best bang for the buck man..Congrats dude!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, I'm on the hunt for one right now!

So the 5150 cab really is that good with the head? That is intriguing too.

Comment

Oh yeah My Wolfgand..playing that in B..with my dropped D-Tuna..that shit sounds heavy..gonna throw that stuf at the ueber..

That is a great sounding guitar for sure..I can NEVER get rid of that..sounds too damn good!

That has plenty of girth and gain right there..That's sounds like an Evil muthafucka Joe..that gain is much cleaner that the uber..tamer..but the downtuned riff is giving it MUCH girth.

That is a riff from a little ditty called Live long and suffer which was almost completed before my BON busted up..cool groove!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Aldog it's the ONLY cab for that head!!..I had five 5150s..and they don't sound right with celestion cabs..not as tight and focused!!!

big difference!!

Comment

Right now I'm using a G-Flex 2x12...I'll see how it holds up at practice. I've been pretty happy with it so far with the amps I've used. The biggest problem is my car isn't big enough for a 4x12!! Are there any 2x12's that are close to a 5150 cab? Or is it all in the speakers?

Comment

Bill, those clips fucking rule!

Comment

Thanks John..well you fucking Rule! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Aldog unfortunately NO ..That 5150 cab is tuned to THAT head like no other. There are no shortcuts or substitutes. Nothing will come close..I know this thru experience. Bro.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    The biggest problem is my car isn't big enough for a 4x12!!

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Maybe get one of the Crate compact 4x12s? I have one and really dig it... it's got a metal speaker grille, it's lightweight and can fit in the trunk of my Chevy Cavalier no problem. It actually handles 120 watts instead of the 100 that MF claims. The St. Louis Music/Crate speakers are pretty good, but you could always change them out if need be. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/487711/
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe it is not the amount of the 12"s and or the size of any cab.

It's the shefields that were desinged for that head...maybe a 2-12 shefiedls 5150 extention cab may be the ticket..?

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]Buy Two 5150 2 -12 extentions cabs..so you can break them down!!!..the ohms will be fine..you have a switch of 4 , 8 , 16 ohns on the head shouldn't be an issue!!

Comment

Size, and construction both DEFINITELY have a lot to do with it as well as the speakers.

Comment

I use 2 Randall 2 x 12 cabs with my 5150 although I think my 5150 4 x 12 cab loaded with the stock Sheffields sounds the best. My bandmates block letter 5150 sounds fantastic through his Marshall 1960a cab. It has Vin 30's in it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Joe it is not the amount of the 12"s and or the size of any cab.

It's the shefields that were desinged for that head...maybe a 2-12 shefiedls 5150 extention cab may be the ticket..?

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]Buy Two 5150 2 -12 extentions cabs..so you can break them down!!!..the ohms will be fine..you have a switch of 4 , 8 , 16 ohns on the head shouldn't be an issue!!

[/ QUOTE ]
                            True, the best bet would be to get the 5150 2x12s, but wouldn't the Sheffield speakers at least make it "close" in a different cabinet?
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well I think that'll be your best bet..if you couldn't convey a full size 5150 cab..

John G I had all my 5150 on 1960 cabs..you can get by OK..but the difference of the shefield cab is night and day..trust me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The biggest difference I hear between the 5150 cab and the Marshall is bottom end. The 5150 has it... the Marshall doesn't. It has to be the speakers. The Sheffields that they put in those cabs are really tight and have a ton of bottom.

Comment

Working...
                                X