Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best brand new overall amp for metal LIVE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best brand new overall amp for metal LIVE!!

Triple Recto for the over 1500 spot (I also like Duals, and Single Rectos).

Marshall JCM800 2210 for where ever it fits in (I bought one for like 600 before).

Comment

0.00 - 499.00 without a doubt Ibanez 100 w Tone Blaster
      And before you guys start [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I know what I'm talking bout
      I own a Marshall JCM 800 50w Mark 2 Lead Head
      And for what you pay for all them Snob amps I'm the one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      My Ibanez head and my Classic Marshall 1960a cabinets
      amd my Efx sound as good as any 2,000.00 amp head to me
      And 1,000.00s less.
      This setup has a clean sound like a Fender and with my Efx
      Bone Crushing Gain/OD
      I tried my Marshall and the Ibanez side by side
      The Ibanez has better clean and better distortion
      And My Marshall is BIAS correct with fresh tubs and not beat to shit, .............so do the math........
      More cool guitars or 2,000.00+ amp head. And not for nothing, how many of you guys play in places big enough for 100w amps to actully sound good?
      BTW: been playing Metal live for over 30 years
      just my off the wall .02

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        And not for nothing, how many of you guys play in places big enough for 100w amps to actully sound good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play a 150W tube amp, and it sounds pretty good. It's about being snobby to the sound guy saying, "you've got this to work with, deal asshole".

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          And not for nothing, how many of you guys play in places big enough for 100w amps to actully sound good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play a 150W tube amp, and it sounds pretty good. It's about being snobby to the sound guy saying, "you've got this to work with, deal asshole".

[/ QUOTE ]

Well good for you.....
          I've owned 6 Marshall JCM 800 heads and 6 Marshall basket weave cabinets that would smoke anything you can come up with........and have used them in live settings that dictated using them.......that wasnt my point. My point is for the price I get as good a sound with what I have for 1,000.00 less
          And thats a Fact!!!!!
          Did Dime Bags sound suck? geee he used S.S amps from what I remember

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well good for you.....
            I've owned 6 Marshall JCM 800 heads and 6 Marshall basket weave cabinets that would smoke anything you can come up with........and have used them in live settings that dictated using them.......that wasnt my point. My point is for the price I get as good a sound with what I have for 1,000.00 less
            And thats a Fact!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My stereo setup of a Fender Metal Head and a Marshall Mode 4 will kill anything you have.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well good for you.....
              And thats a Fact!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My stereo setup of a Fender Metal Head and a Marshall Mode 4 will kill anything you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Crate destroys the lot of ya.

You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I don't play anywhere that requires a 100w tube amp. Thats why I bring 2 of them to the gig. My problem is that I am too nice to the sound guy. NOT ANYMORE DUDE. Go fuck yourself soundguy. Its my way or the fucking highway. From now on I am turning my amp up. Deal with it dick. Thanks Deneb. You are 100% correct.

Comment

Have any of you guys who play really loud onstage in a small club ever walked around with a wireless and noticed how you end up with 'hot spots' where the guitar is excruciating, and then there are spots where you can't hear the guitar well? Or is this just me? I try to run as much volume onstage as I need, but nothing crazy - I just want to be able to hear over the drums onstage, for the most part. I let the PA do the heavy lifting.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well good for you.....
                    And thats a Fact!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe.......but thats the point.....we could do this till the cows come home...to your ears...... yes....but thats why your you and I'm me.......its all subjective.
                    And I know you didnt pay 299.00 for a Mode 4 which is my point. To me it dont sound thousands of dollars better.
                    I know what kinda sound I can get out of what I own.
                    I own Marshall cabinets that to me are what really makes your sound. From 1970s and early 1980s
                    I've tried all kinds of heads with these cabinets
                    And to my ears 200.00 to 2,000.00 heads dont really sound that different. Also the Clean channels on the S.S amps sound better then the tube heads.
                    again my .02 wacky as it sounds [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

500-999:

5150, Triple XXX, used Single Recto.

'Nuff said.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Have any of you guys who play really loud onstage in a small club ever walked around with a wireless and noticed how you end up with 'hot spots' where the guitar is excruciating, and then there are spots where you can't hear the guitar well? Or is this just me? I try to run as much volume onstage as I need, but nothing crazy - I just want to be able to hear over the drums onstage, for the most part. I let the PA do the heavy lifting.

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it many times during sound check
                        using 3 Full Stack Marshalls and your correct, Dead Spots
                        Thats why I do the same, let the P.A. pump the sound
                        I bring 1 Head 1 Cabinet, still smoking sound, and can hear the rest of the band

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too bro. I just want to hear myself over the drums and the bass which is on my side.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            I wish I had bad ears...I could save a ton of money on equipment [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              I wish I had bad ears...I could save a ton of money on equipment [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My ears are fine.........
                              Just because is says Marshall or Bogner dont mean the guy using it knows how to get a good tone.

Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun Band of Gypsys
                              Marshalls
                              Strats
                              Fuzz Face
                              Vox Wah
                              Uni-Vibe

John Petrucci - Live In Budakan
                              Messia Boggie Amps
                              Erinie Ball Guitars
                              Racks of EFX

To me, Hendrix's sound smokes just about anything since his performance New Years 1970

yeah bad ears
                              [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

One thing I did get to do was crank the JSX at the outdoor gig we played - had each channel master close to 10 and the overall master at 1 o'clock. It was pretty freakin' loud... we played an indoor gig at a small club last friday, and I had the overall master on about 9 o'clock [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Working...
                                X