Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best brand new overall amp for metal LIVE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best brand new overall amp for metal LIVE!!

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Read again, I never stated as good or even close, stated
    for what I use it for small gigs in dives I wouldn't spend 2,000+
    If I was recording for a CD and going on tour, thats a different story, but the post says for "live" not studio produced

And be real this is a cheap cover band
    These demo songs have gotten us many gigs
    And that was the point
    Drunks listening in a bar could care less what my guitar sounds like
    They just wanna hear their fav songs
    Pig Noise or Bogner they dont care
    Thats the reason I use a cheaper amp when we play in Dives
    This is not my "to die for tone"
    and I'll say again Classic Rock not Nu-Metal

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me... the crowd may be dumb but they ain't that dumb. You can call it whatever genre or time period you want. It still sounds like a cheap SS amp with a stomp box in front of it. You were really talking some jive in your earlier posts about how good your SS/stomp box rig sounds and how those "expensive amps" aren't worth the money and how you can't hear the difference. C'mon bro.
    Again... thanks for the clips and your chops are good. Listen bro.. there are some real heavy hitters here that really know their stuff. Think about it. Can you honestly compare an Ubershall,5150,6505, XXX, JSX, MTS3200,2204,2203,2210, 6100,Silver Jubilee, Powerball,Pitbull, SLO100,Avenger, HR50,Blackmore, Legacy, Mesa Single, Dual and Triple Rectifier, Mark IIC+, III, IV, F30,F50,Stiletto, Roadking, etc.................. to your posted rig? I left a ton of amps out BTW... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

People sitting in a shit whole bar dont give a rats ass what you use
    Been doing it over 30 years, I'm not gonna sit and waist my breath with that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Only the musicians sit and evaluate your style, amps, guitars
    If you feel better about playing covers in a bar with 10,000.00
    worth of equipment, more power to you

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Read again, I never stated as good or even close, stated
      for what I use it for small gigs in dives I wouldn't spend 2,000+
      If I was recording for a CD and going on tour, thats a different story, but the post says for "live" not studio produced

And be real this is a cheap cover band
      These demo songs have gotten us many gigs
      And that was the point
      Drunks listening in a bar could care less what my guitar sounds like
      They just wanna hear their fav songs
      Pig Noise or Bogner they dont care
      Thats the reason I use a cheaper amp when we play in Dives
      This is not my "to die for tone"
      and I'll say again Classic Rock not Nu-Metal

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me... the crowd may be dumb but they ain't that dumb. You can call it whatever genre or time period you want. It still sounds like a cheap SS amp with a stomp box in front of it. You were really talking some jive in your earlier posts about how good your SS/stomp box rig sounds and how those "expensive amps" aren't worth the money and how you can't hear the difference. C'mon bro.
      Again... thanks for the clips and your chops are good. Listen bro.. there are some real heavy hitters here that really know their stuff. Think about it. Can you honestly compare an Ubershall,5150,6505, XXX, JSX, MTS3200,2204,2203,2210, 6100,Silver Jubilee, Powerball,Pitbull, SLO100,Avenger, HR50,Blackmore, Legacy, Mesa Single, Dual and Triple Rectifier, Mark IIC+, III, IV, F30,F50,Stiletto, Roadking, etc.................. to your posted rig? I left a ton of amps out BTW... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

People sitting in a shit whole bar dont give a rats ass what you use
      Been doing it over 30 years, I'm not gonna sit and waist my breath with that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Only the musicians sit and evaluate your style, amps, guitars
      If you feel better about playing covers in a bar with 10,000.00
      worth of equipment, more power to you

[/ QUOTE ]

Ass sound is ass sound no matter who is listening. If you have no problem with it.. thats cool. For me... after gigging for close to 30 years too... I deserve great quality sound FOR ME. Fuck the crowd. Did you hear Bills Ubershall clips??? Thats what a $4000.00 amp head sounds like. Even recorded on a cheap 4 track and a crap mic its still outstanding. Thats what I'm talking about.

I don't bring 10K worth of equipment. For 1 band I bring 2 5150's (1 I use, 1 is a spare), 2 4 x 12 cabs..my guitars and a pedal board. Thats it.
      My other band I use my Mesa MarK III and 2 2 x 12 Randal cabs and my pedal board.
      I also have a Carvin T100 rack system that powered a Boss GT-6. It also uses the Randall cabinets.

Comment

John is right.
        SS amps are OK for small bar gigs if you play soft music.
        Rock and Metal sounds like shit with cheap SS gear. I know that very well, done that many times.
        Also I recorded a little clip with cheap SS gear some time ago, I also posted it in this forum once. I had to use a very wet tone because without any effects it would have sounded like some shitty garage punk band's recording. Well it still sound very bad and I'm embarassed about it.
        Here is the thread with the clip and the explenation how I made it.
        http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=9#414230

Cheap SS gear is not good for rock'n'roll even if you play in small clubs.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

E that sounded pretty Nice..SHORT but nice... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Star ..your tone to me is not doing your playing abilities justice..One second into the songs and I can can hear instant SS..

My Friend did that ..my VH tribute dude..he's was a monster player with a killer tone..but he "downsized" from a Peavy 120/120 poweramp / JMP-1 to a small Marshall Valvestate...I'll never forgot the first gig when he used that..It went from authentic "VH" ...to...."DUDE, what the hell did you do"..I couldn't her him at all!!! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

He got so angry and me for THAT..until this day he won't talk to me..? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

people slowly stopped coming to our shows..so , I don't think it was just me.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

jgcable, I totally understand what you say about what you choose to play
            If I remember once again, because you refuse to read what I say
            Not everyone can afford a 2,000.00 + amp
            And I stated that not too many posts ago
            but you seem to fixate on S.S Amps Suck Period!
            If I'm correct I stated "a cheap s.s amp for those who don't have the cash for a Bogner
            I'm not trying to force my opinion on you

Horns:
            Totally under stand, I would never us a s.s amp for a "trbute" band. We play 60s,70s, some 80s Classic Rock
            We cover lots, not just metal
            Never lost a job because the sound of my amps
            The only people who say "dude what the fuck" are my dumb ass friends who want me to use my Marshalls just cause it says Marshall on the Amp head
            I'm not tryin to get a record deal, been there done that
            At the time was using 3 Marshall JCM 800 Stacks
            Daisy chained!
            It kinda rattles the ground a bit, had tone to die for
            I'm not trying to convince anybody the high end amps suck
            One of those ranges was 0-500.00 for amp prices

Back in the day I was the biggest snob about equipment
            If you didnt play a Charvel, or use Marshalls you where crap
            Then I started seeing bands with cheesie Crate Amps and
            low end Ibanez guitars, and thought "what the fuck"
            Started happening many times. I started watching the bands
            Good tight bands. The crowds didnt question thier equipment
            They just wanted to have a good time
            My Marshalls sounded way better then the Crate amps
            No one cared that they used cheap equipment
            And the bands always got paid, and had a good time

I know there's gonna people who will never us s.s amps no matter what
            And I'm sure there are guys here who think
            Messa/Bogner and USA Jacksons, everything else sucks
            Nothing I say is going to sway their view
            But for the people who don't have the $$$$
            and want an honest open view to "cheap amps" for a live setting, thats who I post to

so lets just [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
            geeeessss way too much yappin [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah bill I took a gander at your Songs this morning. NOT BAD AT ALL.

The rhythm tone actually strangely reminded me of ...And Justice For All era MEtallica. I could tell you had the gain maxed out...mostly on the wankery on corruption. haha...Kind of has that sizzling sound tha tonly maxing the gain can achieve. hahaha.

songs aren't bad at all. I"m not sure why people would complain about the Harsh vocals...as they seem kinda like straight forward METAL vox to me. He sticks with the tonic notes and very ear friendly notes most of the time.

I'd say you could fit in the same genre as NEvermore. Kind of a Thrash/power metal type of thing. Its easy to hear who are influences are for sure. And the Bogner sounds great, especially for what you're trying to do.

Comment

I love to play my son's Line 6 Spyder II...It's so fun to play and sounds GREAT..for the bedroom.

If I'd ever consider a SS the one that impressed me so far is the Line 6 HD 147..but I need to see if maintains its "coolness" at high volume levels..that's where this whole Tube VS. SS stuff really matter..

One day with all this advancing technology ..they;ll get it right..when all Tube amps will be obsolete..I really believe that..its just a matter of time.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks Drip ..dude..that REALLY means alot to me man..not too bad for a basement tape.

I know you can see past all the "roughness" and know what this would sound like in a REAL studio..

All the main tracks with the maxed Uber was recorded live with the drums..because my drummer can't play to a click..

I wasted four hours throwing all those main riffs to a click PERFECTLY..it would have sounded MUCH tighter and not "punk" band calibre..I could have choked that retarded gorilla...so I just booted him instead. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks very much Bro.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

BTW: dude your stuff does rock in a big way
                    Totally can hear what your going for and it kicks!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

As far as the SS vs Tube
                    The price says it all right now
                    And I too believe some day, but not just yet

As far as equipment goes, I was very narrow minded in the past
                    I'm not as quick to judge these days
                    And God knows I'm not a cheap bastard
                    with all I've spent over the years

Here's food for thought:
                    B52 AT-100 All tube amp $650.00

Oh also doing a "Slayer Reign In Blood" tribute band
                    Can I borrow your uber with my marshall 4x12s
                    hehehehee just kiddin, but that would rock the heavans down [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude thanks.."Reign in Blood" Tribute ..holy shit dude , I always thought of doing that..I'd be pefect Kerry King..I'd just have to draw tats on my nog every show.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Dude thanks.."Reign in Blood" Tribute ..holy shit dude , I always thought of doing that..I'd be pefect Kerry King..I'd just have to draw tats on my nog every show.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would rock thats for sure
                        One of my fav DVDs

Instant draw on tats [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Would need a lot of Pigs blood tho [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought I heard a bit of King influence in the FF solo. I never really dug him in the day because I was always more of a precision guy but I've come around big time on his style (he actually has one as opposed to many shreddrs who all sound the same) over the last 10-12 years.

Comment

WEll, I would like the think I'm a tad more "polished" than Kerry..but I'm definitely from the same school.

Definitely alot of similarities..even in his personality from what I read of him.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

EVH was my very first influence..he was god to me when I was 13. He and Frank Marino made me want to play..

Zakk too..John used to yell at me all the time for "squealing" too much... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Loomis is who I look up to now..he's so far more advanced than I could ever be...but at least I can write a cool metal song. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Bill i've only just got the time to listen to one track, but it kicks arse. Really liking it [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              93 USA Soloist EDS
                              USA HT6 Juggernaut
                              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]..Thanks Steve.

Comment

Working...
                                X