Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best brand new overall amp for metal LIVE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best brand new overall amp for metal LIVE!!

Look at the diff between a recto cab and a traditional mesa with vintage 30s in each. The cab makes a TON of difference with those. There is no doubt.

Comment

The BIGGEST difference I notice immediately wasn't the bottom end..it was the lack of flubbyness in the overall sound of the 5150 itself..

with Marshall / Ampeg celestion cabs (w/75s) I couldn't turn the gain of the 5150 past 5.5 to 6 without flubbing like saggy titties in the winds of Katrina..

But with a 5150 cab I could EASILY turn the gain to almost 7 and still remain focused..and that is ALOT of gain!!!

you can't even get near that on a 1960 cab without sounding like flubby ass.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, gain AND the resonance controls on the 5150 amp can be used at much higher settings when using the 5150 cab compared to teh Marshalls. The marshalls/ 75s or 30s just can't seem to take it.

The marshalls do have the bottom end frequencies "there" with most amps, but can't reproduce the "massive" authoritative low end that the 5150s have the ability to make. They flub out when the resonance is high or the gain is too high.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]....YES..very much YES..what he said.

John got my 5150s..or one of them...or both..I can't remember..??

and he got the "sweet" one with the mojo.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
          X