OK OK OK I just bought an Uber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK OK OK I just bought an Uber

Yes I did. Why because I wanted one. V2 looks real clean should have it in about a week.

Edit for pics

I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: OK OK OK I just bought an Uber

Congratulations Tets, I hope you love it. I use the same answer when I get asked why, because I wanted it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Dude ..welcome to my world..I will show you how to get the Bill Z Bub tone..it's the only tone I use or care to use..

Congrats Tets..you'll be amazed how "simple" that amps appears..but the tone controls are all interactive with one another and pretty extreme..don't let the looks fool you..!!

NICE face plate!!!!...no I'm too cheap to get one..as long as my baby is makin' me happy the original face plate is just peachy..

PM me when you get it..

there is samples of what mine sounds like on that uber live thread..

I will promise you this..it WILL be the heaviest sounding amp you ever owned with all usuable GAIN!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill has infected you with the UberVirus...

Comment

Congratz. That is one sexy bitch. On my list of someday amps its right next to an SLO a Herbert and a Matchless Spitfire for my living room.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Bill has infected you with the UberVirus...

[/ QUOTE ]

His praise did for sure but this was got for a decent deal and I loved the lead tone when I played it @ NAMM.

Bill what pups you use with yours you are a Dimarzio guy right?
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

OK Joe and guys since I posted those clips of mine, I recieved a couple PMs on how I achieve my sound...so I figured I'll save some work and post my response..HERE..since it may help you Joeseppi..

Jow those are custom Dimarzios in that SD Koa 1..John knows what they are "distortions" I think , because he ordered them (but he's an EMG guy) ...But I use several other geetars with various pickups (all Dimarzios) but my UBER settings NEVER change..My RR1 with the SD pups sounds great too..just as good.

I fing that EMGs are flatter and a bit more "focused" than Dimarzios..but Dimarzios are more "lively" and "cut" more ..to my ears.

I run my Uber with a Stock Marshall 1960b cab w / stock celestion 75's..

OK starting from right to left..Gain MAXED (that's important) / Bass MAXED (that's important) / Mid is at approx 10 O' clock / Treble MAXED (that's important) / and Presence is anywhere from 9 to 10 O' clock..and I keep the master Volume at the far left 12 O clock high..

OK..how I get by is doing this is ..I use a G Major in the loop..its noise gate KILLS all noise that the "MAXED" gain dishes out and without it it will be noisey..with the gain DIMED! BUT it MUST be dimed for "my" tone and feel!!!

The input of the of my G major is all the way up...and I use the G major's output for my overall volume control..as >>>THE<<< overall MASTER volume.

I turn the Uber's DIRTY channel Volume control just until the G Major "barely" blinks in the red...Badda Bing Badda Boom..The Bill Z Bub tone!!!

It's a simple dial up..you just need to tweak the mid and presence to your liking..but THAT's where I like it..it's pretty simple to remember..and it sound best to me after owning it for a few years now..If I change "anything"..I immediately lose something "cool" that I like.

OH ..I don't use a super "wet" delay / effects. I use the least amount of delay possible just to make my leads "sing" a bit ..and it don't muddle up any tight rythms..I HATE that..this ain't the freakin 80's..If you want a HEAVY , kick you in the teeth , "in your face" tone..DO NOT use a bunch of effects..The dryer the Better...with this kind of tone and metal style...less is definitely more...IMO

Happy tweakin'!!!

Those are my setting to the "T" and alwaya will be!!

Bill Z Uberbub

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Very nice!!!

On a side note, Bogner need to put corner protectors on those things.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

awesome. i just got rid of my uber. Didn't really need a $2000 practice amp sitting around. Great amps though.

Comment

"Very nice!!!

yes that would be a good thing [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

and how about protectors corner guards on all pointy Jackson geetars too..because they seem to like walls and anything you can imagine.. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      "Very nice!!!

yes that would be a good thing [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

and how about protectors corner guards on all pointy Jackson geetars too..because they seem to like walls and anything you can imagine.. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, ain't that the truth.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Congrats, that looks sexy!

Comment

Congrats... I think you'll like it more than the XTC.

Comment

Go here for more Uber settings to try out. Bill, go add yours NOW!

http://www.grailtone.com/tone-settin...-settings.html

Comment

Whaaazup 9!!!!..to HELL with anyone's else setting...these are etched in stone! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

WEll for me they are...I tried to change them on occasssion..but they immediately go back to proper their positions.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

OMFG..I looked at some of those settings.. UNHOLY SCHMOLY...NO WAY!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X