Industry changing amps/pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Industry changing amps/pedals

The Vox AC30TB was used on the The Beatles song I Feel Fine which is reported to be the 1st song ever to intentionally use controlled guitar feedback during the recording of a song. The feedback is in the intro right before the 1st guitar starts. That must have been as huge as when they first played You Really Got Me by VH on the radio. Phase shifters were never thought of the same way again.

Comment

Yea, the POD has certainly been industry changing in every respect.

Comment

Line 6 is changing alot , and think this technology is just starting..it'll only get better...eventualy making any tube amp obsolete!

I only know METAL

MARSHALLS are king.. JMP-1 / JCM 800s / JMP ..and your fave stomps...classic / traditional metal tones...VH , Ratt , Dokken , Savatage , YJM and ect..nothing else sounds like a Marshall but a Marshall!

UBERSCHALL/PEAVEY/ENGL/..for Modern thicker and heavier metal tones as Darkane , Nevermore , Arch Enemy and so on..

UBERS (dimed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) are the HEAVIEST tone I've heard/played to date.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

All I know is Rock so:
          Fender Bassman Amps
          First Marshalls JT45s if I'm correct
          Marshall Full Stacks
          Amp Modeling for sure
          Fuzz Face/Big Muff
          Uni-Vibe
          Wah
          AC-30 Vox
          BOSS Stomp Bxs OD-1
          ADA MP-1
          Echo Plex
          Fender Twin Reverb
          Solid State Amps!!!!!!!

Eddie Van Halen
          Chuck Berry
          Jimi Hendrix

Fender Strats.........Leo got it right
          San Demas Charvels
          Gibson Les Paul

Comment

*Rock - MV JMP's
            *Hard Rock / Metal - JCM800's
            *Soldano SLO - the best tone outta the box for rock, metal, blues

I don't play the other styles with a specific amp for that application so I can't comment.

What I find cool as hell is in all reality, there isn't very much of a change in the last 30-40 years. We're still preferring (most of us anyway) tube technology. An old Plexi Marshall with an SD-1 will still melt your face off and sound kick-ass doing it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Line 6 is changing alot , and think this technology is just starting..it'll only get better...eventualy making any tube amp obsolete!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yer high.... [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yer high.... [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

no he's not...he may be on to sumptin. I'm seriously thinking about selling my 2203, 101B, 50 CL and DC5 and picking up a Vetta [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Since it has all the sounds of every amp ever made programmed into it, everything else is useless [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  no he's not...he may be on to sumptin. I'm seriously thinking about selling my 2203, 101B, 50 CL and DC5 and picking up a Vetta Since it has all the sounds of every amp ever made programmed into it, everything else is useless

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Don't do it bro, the tube gods will exact revenge!
                  Seriously, I'm not on board yet. Some of these things sound pretty good but I don't think they have have the "feel" and dynamics down yet. The audience doesn't care, but I do.

Comment

Most important amps in metal imho :

80's thrash : boosted jcm 800

90's : Dual recto

and in the third place peavey 5150.

when it comes to rock ... i think plexi was the most important amp in that genre - you know - Hendrix , EVH etc, then in the 80's lots of people used it iirc

Comment

Working...
                    X