Love your POD/V-amp/modeler, read this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love your POD/V-amp/modeler, read this

I came across this article linked from the Megadeth BB and I really enjoyed the read so I thought I should share. It's this dude talking about how to get the best sound out of your modeler. I've always loved my V-amp 2 and now I have more reason I think.

http://www.thestompbox.net/Home/View...x?ArticleID=10
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Re: Love your POD/V-amp/modeler, read this

That is a very cool article, thanks for posting.

Comment

Hey guys a quick note to you POD guys ..a friend of mine uses a BBE 422 with and it really seems to work well..if you want more oomph out of it..

Like I always said , BBE are funny ..they LOVE some amps and HATE others..but the do work well with a POD..they seem to help more than hurt...so there ya go.

just a thought....the 422 or 422A of course. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Cool read, i use actives with my v-amp pro and it rocks !

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

just a thought....the 422 or 422A of course. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bill i use a 322 at home with the v-amp, is the 422 much better or is it basicly the same thing ?

Comment

Yeah, Kewlpack is awesome!! He's on the Boss GT Central forum and has some great tips. http://www.bossgtcentral.com/
            And I love my GT-8. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The guy who wrote that article, Kewlpack, has a ton of great info on the Boss GT forum.

Comment

Nice article. He does know his stuff.

Comment

It's interesting, and sparks an interesting question in my mind - anyone try one of those new Bose systems with a POD yet?
                  Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Interesting question Michael.
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Hey, I already said all that in a Behringer post here! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I bought a Behringer V-ampire combo and liked it so much, I bought the haed version. But, the head sounded crummy through my Laney 4x12, but sounded great direct through the PA. So I made the assumption that the "tone" of the celestions in my Laney cab were made for guitar heads, not for modeling heads, and bought the Berhinger 4x12 cabinet. It's been geetar heaven ever since. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Same thing when I hada Vetta head...sounded like ass through the Laney cab, great through the Behringer cab. Likewise, my Laney heads sound awful through the Behringer cab...because it's flat response.
                      On a cool side note, those Behringer cas are stereo, which makes for an ever better tone, and also the top 2 speakers are pointed out at angles, so no matter where you stand in the room, it sounds like you're directly in front of the cabinet. I'm surprise other companies haven't done that before.

Comment

Maotar..

a 322??..is that a single chanel unit..that may just be a single channel version of the 422s..which is fine....unless your using bothing channels in stereo.

I don't like the 462s and all the newer ones since the 422s..they are way to harsh and sizzly..

does the knobs on your 322 have "clicks" when your turn the knobs and dots all around it..or does the knobs just turn freely..??
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Pretty cool article. I'm tempted to try my rig with full range speakers now, but recently decided I was gonna go back to the traditional rig (5150). What companies make free range speakers? Might swap these V30's out before I give it up

Comment

Full Range=PA Speakers

Comment

Very cool article. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X