Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Love your POD/V-amp/modeler, read this

[ QUOTE ]
    What companies make free range speakers?

[ QUOTE ]
    Full Range=PA Speakers

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he asked for "Free Range Speakers", you know, the ones that can roam freely after their manufacture instead of being kept in cages. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Comment

Basically, any keyboard or PA type of amp will work well. Carvin makes a really cool acoustic guitar/bass/PA amp that I hear is very good with modelers. http://www.carvin.com/products/singl...mNumber=ag100d
      I thought of getting one, but I'm pretty happy with my GT-8 into my Carvin DCM150 power amp and 1x12 cab with Celestion G12T-75.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool article and it only makes sense. I just bought a V-amp2, as they are dirt cheap over here- equal to $112 USD. I haven't even had a chance to play with it yet.

As to the Bose i-Pod toy, it sure is expensive and sure sounds like crap.

Comment

I have been using a GS-10 quite a bit over the last year. I was running it into my computer through the digital out. My pc has a 5.1 speaker system from Creative. Nice for playing games with but and it sounded well while I was practicing with Guitar Pro.

I just bought a pair of Roland DS5 monitors. I hooked up the GS-10 to it and it sounds 100% better. Nice clear sound to it.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Well, I ran my Boss gt8 through a 600 watt PA. Used both outputs into 2 different channels. Amazing. It just rocked.

My question has always been this: What makes a Soldano sound exactly like a Soldano? A Mesa a Mesa? So on. There are too many factors. Tube condition and type, electrical fluctuation through the components and wiring, type of guitar ( due to wood, no 2 guitars sound exactly alike ), type of pickup, and most importantly, your picking and fingering style just to name a few.

I love this modeling stuff. I like tube heads too, but, for a fraction of the cost, I can get several heads even though they may not sound "exactly" like the real thing ,but, awfully damn close.-Lou
            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              It's interesting, and sparks an interesting question in my mind - anyone try one of those new Bose systems with a POD yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

My close friend was involved in making the Bose system... If you ever have any questions on it, I coud hook you guys up. He's very knowledgeable on that unit.

He just moved back here from Boston finally.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                What companies make free range speakers?

[ QUOTE ]
                Full Range=PA Speakers

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he asked for "Free Range Speakers", you know, the ones that can roam freely after their manufacture instead of being kept in cages. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry, couldn't resist!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Ok, guess I had that one comin for not reading my own damn post before hittin Submit. I don't wanna buy another cab, and this Randall is built really well, just wondered what brand speaker I could use to replace these with. Don't know what I'm gonna do with this, might just keep em

Comment

Is there an output select option on the XT Live for using with different amp types? The GT-8 has this feature... you can set it for going into the input of a JC-120, small amp, combo amp, stack amp, or for using in the effects return of a JC-120, combo return, stack return, line/headphones. If not, I'd just stick with the cab's speakers and tweak to compensate until you get the best sound you can.
                  Also, not sure, but are there speaker emulators and different mic types in the XTL? You might want to mess with them to give you different speaker tones, too.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

at work we have a Pod XT live hooked up to a Bose system and it rocks. You just have to make sur eyou have the eq tresets on the Bose set to 0 for the flat response. or it will sound like ass through a wet paper bag at midnight while eating cheetos. (sorry its late) I may try running my Vamp2 thru my stereo and see what it does. Its sounds like crap thru all the amos ive tried so far: go figure.
                    Gil

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Maotar..

a 322??..is that a single chanel unit..that may just be a single channel version of the 422s..which is fine....unless your using bothing channels in stereo.

I don't like the 462s and all the newer ones since the 422s..they are way to harsh and sizzly..

does the knobs on your 322 have "clicks" when your turn the knobs and dots all around it..or does the knobs just turn freely..??

[/ QUOTE ]

No it is a dual channel unit it looks like the top ones in this pic.

The knobs move freely, i really like this unit and for the price i paid it has been one of my best investments in gear.

I guess it is the same as a 422 exept for the looks.

Comment

OK, this is very interesting. I don't shit about PAs and Keyboard amps. Can someone point me in the right direction here? I saw the Carvin link and checked that out.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

The Behringer 4x12 cabinets are only like $200 brand new, and they have full-range Jensens in them. They sound fantastic with my modeling gear.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            The Behringer 4x12 cabinets are only like $200 brand new, and they have full-range Jensens in them. They sound fantastic with my modeling gear.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a power amp also, correct? They aren't powered speakers, right?

Mike

p.s. I have a V-Amp Pro.
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Ah, yes, you need a power amp. I use the V-Ampire heads, and all those are is just a V-amp Pro with a poweramp already attached. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]
                                It's interesting, and sparks an interesting question in my mind - anyone try one of those new Bose systems with a POD yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

My close friend was involved in making the Bose system... If you ever have any questions on it, I coud hook you guys up. He's very knowledgeable on that unit.

He just moved back here from Boston finally.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a couple of the BOS PAS systems. My XT sounds great thru it. We go totally direct with 3 PAS units and our mix is great. Set up and sound check take less time than most sound check took in the old days [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X