Bronx amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronx amps?

Over on ebay, I ran across an amp called a Bronx "Tube-50". It's apparently endorsed by Blues Saraceno. I've not heard of Bronx amps before and about all I could find on the 'net about Bronx was their website.

Has any tried one and if so, what did you think? The few I saw for sale on ebay are being listed with a pretty low Buy-It-Now, which makes me wonder if they are either very new or possibly not that great of an amp.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Re: Bronx amps?

I don't know anything about them but Blues' old man is an amp tech. He was involved with a company called Fatboy about 12 years ago and Blues played those amps back then. He may have a hand in these as well [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Blues' dad produced an amp called "Dirty Boy". I think Fatboy was produced by a small company from the midwest, possibly Illinois.

Scroll down on this page for the Dirty Boy amp: Blues' FAQ

Comment

He was with Fat Boy prior to that. I played one at Rudy's in NYC in '93 and they had a picture of Blues and his old man standing with one. The caption talked about his dad being the builder.

Comment

That's very interesting. One company is "Fat" Boy while the other product is "Dirty" Boy. I guess there's something to be said for brand-name recognition.

Comment

How about Fat Dirty Boy? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              How about Fat Dirty Boy? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that Fat Bastard's little child? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Could be. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] BTW, what's the Bronx Amp website? I can't seem to find it.

Comment

Here's the website: Bronx page

They have some sound clips of the Tube-50 being played by Blues himself. The last clip of Blues seems to be the one that might be the most intriguing as it combines a lot of different tones.

Comment

Wasn't that a foreigner song? "Dirty Fat Boy" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Yeah, but the Dirty Fat Boy is different than a Fat Dirty Boy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X