Thinking of getting a fender hot rod deville with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of getting a fender hot rod deville with

im thinking of getting a hot rod deville with a robert keeley modded DS-1 ultra and a robert keeley modded TS9 tubescreamer.

i love the cleans of the fender amps, they can't be beat, because i enjoy playing clean passages like srv's lenny and stuff.

however i also want to satisfy my metal needs. so would that pedal combo do the trick?

Re: Thinking of getting a fender hot rod deville w

Fenders are awsome, I love them 100 times more than Marshalls but Fenders aren't good for metal at all IMHO.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

well, thats why i was thinking of getting those 2 pedals.

what about if i got like a POD XT Live?

Comment

What about the fnder MH metalhead? Does it live up to its name?

Comment

I have a Fender Deville 4x10. Just got a ds-1 and it sounds great with the amp. Very hard rock. Metal? Depends on what you are shooting for. The rock and metal tones will need to be loud.

I'm planning on picking up a line 6 uber metal today for the really hard stuff. I'll report back

Let me know how the Keeley sounds.
          "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Want a great, inexpensive Fender for metal? Get a RocPro 1000. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have DeVille 212 and I tried Danelectro Fab Tone on it with my Strat and the sounds you can get, are pretty metal-alike.

Comment

I have a Hot Rod Deluxe and you could get away with metal by using a pedal but, imo you absolutely have todo a speaker swap. I have a Vintage 30 in mine and changed the preamp tubes as well and it became much better for harder rock. BTW... I've just decided to sell it so PM if interested (want to get another head).
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
                X