tube question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tube question.

I bought a quad of SED EL34. They are not really that old, maybe 10 hours of play time on them. Today I noticed that the 2 center tubes are glowing blue. 1 of the tubes is a blue color near the base and the other is blue near the top of the tube. I dont notice any tone loss or change at all. Is there a problem with these tubes? If I turn the standby switch on the blue goes away and the tube just looks normal to me. As soon as I turn the standby switch off the blue color comes back. What do you think?

Re: tube question.

Until Pete gets here...

No worries. Some tubes burn blue.

Comment

Yea, thats what im hoping. I just never noticed it before. It looks almost like someone is holding a lighter near the tube and its the reflection of it.

Comment

I found out its normal for these tubes. Thanks guys.

Comment

it is normal if the tube reacts the same in other tube sockets. If not maybe the bias is off????
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

No, the blue he's seein is actually oxygen getting into the tube. If it was glowing red, then I'd suspect bias.

Comment

ah..thanks Chuck.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hey Paul, How do you like those tubes so far anyway? Give a review.

Comment

Hey Chris, I love the SED EL34 tubes. Very rich and creamy sounding. I have them im my Cameron modded JMP. The mod was done around these tubes and I really like to stick with them. They breakup really nice when pushed and have a great reaction with the gain structure of this head. I also like the JJ EL34. The JJ are a bit darker sounding but also hold thier own. I guess it really depends on what type of amp you are puting them in. If I were you I would give them a shot. If you dont like them ill buy them from you. I can always use a backup quad.

Comment

If it's red they are dead, if it's blue then uh, shit, can't come up with a rhyme for blue. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      If it's red they are dead, if it's blue then uh, shit, can't come up with a rhyme for blue. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...if its blue...good for you?? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] -Lou
                      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Working...
                      X