Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which amp is the most underrated?

[ QUOTE ]
    5150 with a 422 in the loop...BEST bang for the buck for metal!!!

a poor man's uberschall.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean a BBE 422? I've never tried that...

Comment

"You mean a BBE 422? I've never tried that..."

Well get to it at once bro , because you don't know what yer missing..the difference is as Night and Day!!

It will give that amp..BALLS!

BBE 422 / or 422a ..it doesn't matter...NOT the newer ones.. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'll see if I find one; I've heard a lot of good things about it, thanks!

Comment

It does MAGIC with a 5150...That unit is made for that amp.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I got a MINT one off Ebay..50 bucks shipped..I'd go up to a hundred for one..it will be worth it..

ask John G (jgcable) he just got his..he's tickled! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

It is steroids for a 5150..Not all amps do well with them. My Ubershall HATES it.

waite till you hear the freakin' difference..you'll wanna kiss me.. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

I tell you what..you would be hanging with me with the Uberchall..that's what I'm sayin'..at a fourth of the cost used!!!

That is why I think the 5150 is THE most underrated amp ever ...PERIOD!

Because for 500 bucks..you'll be in Uberland.in the ball park anywhoo.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Bill

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            B-52 AT100 for sound and price it's hard to beat. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm going to sell mine. I bought it mostly out of curiosity, not because I needed an amp. I find that I don't even use it, because my Crate and Randall both sound better, much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard one recently and was NOT impressed..the B-52 sounded bad...but it was being compared to a 5150, so I guess I should have cut it a bit of slack. But from what I've heard I'll never buy one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be right to avoid them at this point Jeri. They are cheap, and look nice, plus they have a lot of cool features, but something is just not right. They are hairs away from making a good amp, but this one isn't it.

I am going to sell mine, and try out a Peavey Valveking! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Horns666: I actually have been looking for a BBE (a used one) before but just couldn't find one in Sweden (or Eurupe). I found some on Ebay USA, but then I'd have to get it shipped to Sweden, pay Swedish VAT + get a power converter (or whatever that's called in english) since USA has 110V and Sweden 220V...I'll try again to find one in Sweden or Europe!

Comment

Well Good luck bro...don't give up hope..That 5150 without the BBE 422(a) is like Peanut butter with Jelly.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Guytron and Maven Peal are two amp makes that don't get mentioned much now, well actually they do, but more in the mag review sense...but I think you're going to start seeing more of these amps in the future being used more widespread. This stuff is insanely expensive tho. Not in the normal musicians budget.
                  The features are very unique offering alot flexibility of high end quality tones at a wide range of volumes. Racks are out, heads are back.

Comment

+1 for the 5150 used.

Comment

5150 is a killer amp especially considering the price, but it is not underrated at all. A lot of Metal, hardcore, hard rock musicians and producers use it! How can it be underrated while it is getting so much use?

Comment

Does the 5150 combo only come in 2x12?
                        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          How about SCRUMTRALESCENT? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

will rules....

Comment

"will rules...."

+ 1 [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry guys, I disagree, the 5150 isn't underrated. Everyone knows they are kick-ass amps! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I picked up a B-52 ST-6012 (60w 2x12 combo)
                                pretty damn happy with it, I'm actually gigging with it now so I don't beat on my Marshall.

Comment

Working...
                                X