EL34 equipped amp suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EL34 equipped amp suggestions?

I would like an EL34 equipped amp, but I prefer combos since I just bedroom play.

I want something that I can crank up for power tube saturation, but I guess I can always use an attenuator if need be.

Basically, I am on a complete Eddie kick and I want that Brown Sound in something I can afford...i.e I CAN'T afford a Plexi!!!

I can get an OK Ed tone with my Behringer V-AMP Pro, but it isn't the same.

I haven't played a 3203 in ages, used to own one, did these have EL34's?

I guess I could think about a head cab combo.

I still think my JCM900 combo was one the best sounding amps I have ever played, even though everyone slams them....

Well, I am open. I have not purchased an amp in 10 years, yes 10 years..so I am little behind in what is good these days.

Mike

p.s. I will also do a search.
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Re: EL34 equipped amp suggestions?

get a rivera R30, or R55. they are small combos, EL-34 equipped and versatile.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

get a 2204 or the combo version, it is what i have and damn with a boss SD-1 in front i get that 80's sound, ask noodles, he played it on saturday.

From what i understand Eddie used the amps with the 6550's.

Comment

What about a Mesa Stiletto (perhaps used)? That would also give you a built in Variac, along with power attentuation.

Comment

The THD Univalve seems awesome. I'm thinking about buying one myself

Comment

mesa stilletto
            marshall 2210
            marshall 2203
            carvin mts3200
            peavey jsx
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

and the jcm 900 (hey, i like it)
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

yes, a 3203 has el34's.

Comment

I don't think any stock amp does a better brown sound than the 5150 with the proper settings. Modded amps are a different story.

Comment

The Hughes and kettner TriAMp MKII. 4 el 34's

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I don't think any stock amp does a better brown sound than the 5150 with the proper settings. Modded amps are a different story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, because I have never played one..and always thought they were supposed to be too preamp gainy.

I don't have a clue though, so I am asking for an honest response.

Mike

Comment

well, they do have a lot of preamp gain, but the crunch channel (clean with crunch engaged) is fantastic imho. even fuller than the lead channel imho.

Comment

I have two Univalves, one of which is running an EL34, while the other runs a 6L6. The EL34 version gets closest to the Eddie tone and it has a built in Hot Plate, which is great for the type of playing you want to do. I paid $500 each for mine and absolutely love them both. Very cool little amps.
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I have two Univalves, one of which is running an EL34, while the other runs a 6L6. The EL34 version gets closest to the Eddie tone and it has a built in Hot Plate, which is great for the type of playing you want to do. I paid $500 each for mine and absolutely love them both. Very cool little amps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am listening to the Univalve sound clips right now and that amp is BAD ASS.

Mike

Comment

You can actually use a yellow jacket tube convertor in them as well...they make them specifically for that amp so you can further reduce the volume to like a 8 - 10 watt amp if you need to. Even a Champ can get pretty damn loud that neighbors would be able to hear it many doors down.

Comment

Working...
                              X