Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EL34 equipped amp suggestions?

[ QUOTE ]
    ..or even a latter day Criss Oliva Tone that's what he toured with on Edge of Thorns..that was my favorite tone..Caffery has that amp now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any relationship to the tone from Savatage?

Comment

That's what Criss used on his later years in studio and on tour a 100 wt dual channel Marshall 2210. when he died , Chris Caffery Got it ..his rythm player at the time and Savatage / TSO dude..who took over with Al Petrelli ...since then the "Tage has never been the same without Criss..

But That amp is the tone of Edge Of Thorns..!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well, this is the Mojave Scorpion. I think this pretty much is THE amp for Van Halen tones.

http://vintageamps.com/temp/bg.mp3

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

That was pretty damn good...but I have a feeling if you plugged that dude into any good quality amp like many that was mentioned here..

he would still sound just like that..including VHT/Bogner/Laney/Marshall/and etc..

that amp did sound very nice tho.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, that was CC Deville. The AMP is the bad mutha here.
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

That was CC..wow he's got that feel of that tune down pretty good.

I was thinkin' it was Dweezil or somthin'.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Nah, I'm shittin' ya. I don't have a clue who that was. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I was gonna say ..he got good.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

stoppit Jimmy.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

probaly was Dweezil...

[img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]...Maybe Dweez can take over Van Halen..Since Edwardo gave it up for lent back in ...hmmmm...how long has it been..?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

NO, VH 3 DON'T COUNT!!!!!!..Balance was Ok tho..So , Van Halen has been officially dead for T-E-N ...years now. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry man, I couldn't resist. CC.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                    X