Packaging/Shipping Tube Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packaging/Shipping Tube Amps

Anyone have any tips for packaging and shipping tube amps?

Re: Packaging/Shipping Tube Amps

Remove the tubes. Wrap them up individually and put them in their own box. Use styrofoam sheets and make sure the amp is nice and tight in the box. That should cover it.

Comment

You can also use 2" styrofoam insulation and double box it. That's what I did when shipping my old Marshall head to Arizona and back for studio work recently. It shipped perfect like that.

Shipping amps is a pain...everything has to be MONDO heavy duty! Just package it "over the top", and you're probably OK.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I thought about removing the tubes and packaging them separately. I’ll have to look at my amp and some documentation to see if I can figure out how to remove the them lol. Being a tube amp nube, that’s something I’ve never attempted to do.

Comment

I couldn't even begin to figure out how to remove the tubes from my Mesa DC-2 when I was selling it. There's this heavy duty steel shield thing simultaneously supporting AND blocking the tubes. The original seller left them in and they survived perfectly intact. Oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X