Soldano Decatone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldano Decatone

Anyone have or try one of these? Are they any good. Do they compare to a SLO100?
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Soldano Decatone

They are pretty cool. Basically a three channel Hot Rod.
    Nothing in the Soldano line compares to the SLO.

Comment

the slo is all about that 100w transformer!
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Well, it's the high dollar transformers, and the mil-spec components and wiring, the big buck pots...all the parts in the SLO are very high end, and high dollar, and everything contributes to the sound.

Someday I will have another one...it was "my" amp!

Comment

Not liking the Uber Tetsuo?

Comment

Jazzman had a Decatone...he sturggled with it for like 2 years. Sold it and bought a SLO. The Decatone doesn't compare to an SLO, regardless of what Soldano might try to tell you.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Not liking the Uber Tetsuo?

[/ QUOTE ]

In his other thread he posted that the deal fell through. The owner of the amp dropped it or something, I believe.

My roommate has one and it is a pretty nice amp. He plays in a traditional heavy metal band with elements of thrash metal and lots of power metal influence. To me, the amp has a very dark sound to it, whereas it seems to me that the SLO has more range and a lot more brightness. It also is quite beefy and can definitely get really heavy and gritty without too much pushing. It could've been his settings, but to me it didn't sound very lead friendly and it sounded very rhythm guitarist oriented.

Comment

I am eyeing the SLO-100 on the bay right now

Yeah the deal on the Uber fell through literally but a big thanks to the guy for not shipping it and blaming UPS.
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I love Decatone.
                  Actually like it little better than SLO because of 3Chs and Depth knob gives nice sound.

Comment

The only gripe I have with the SLO100 is that you have to crank it, otherwise it isn't as fun.

Comment

We had a Decatone at work for a while, my friend bought it but he returned it because it needed some new tubes and he needed the money to fund a cd release. I thought it was an awesome amp, if I got a Soldano it would have to be that one, due to the 3 channels.

Comment

Working...
                      X