WOW!!!!! hot mod & astroverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW!!!!! hot mod & astroverb

i finally got around to putting my hot mod into my astroveb head, and all i can say is WOW!!!! the head was pretty cool before, but now it is just SICK. it has beautiful, smooth sustain...harmonics just JUMP out of the speaker....the only thing that suffers is the reverb gets noisy past 2, but that's fine with me because i don't use the reverb anyway! this head went from being a back up/jam head to being my number amp for recording leads. i highly recommend that anyone with an astroverb hunt down a hot mod. it sounds SOOOOOO good.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Re: WOW!!!!! hot mod & astroverb

Hmmm... I put one in the Astroverb I had and it just sounded like ass. Squeeled like a pig. Totally shit... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not sure if it really matters, but your hotmod, Chris, has a 6K11 tube in it, and it's supposed to have a 6C10.
      I've looked at the specs and they seem mighty close. I just orderd a 6C10 for it, and will report on how it works.

After going back and forth a few times, I've decided that I like the Hotmod in it, and I bet I'll like it better with a fresh, correct triode tube!

Comment

well, i kinda had that problem at first, since i didn't know where to put it. none of the tubes sockets are labeled. so today i just put it in different places until it sounded good. the first couple of tries it either killed the sound or squealed. got it in the right socket and the amp ripped.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Chuck -Holy crap really! I had no idea. I got it with that tube in it. Maybe it was too hot for the astroverb. It made my Marshall sound great though. Same for the MIG I had it in. Glad you like it anyway. Let me know how it is with the new tube.

MD-

I put it in all the slots and got the same results... Either no sound, Screaming feedback or noise - or no change at all.... Maybe it was the tube. Anyway, Glad it sounds good for you and made your amp that much better. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have seen others using the 6k11 tube too.... ?

Comment

S'ok. As a reward, you can send me your SLO, and I'll forgive you. Cool? [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

boxing it up now fro ya! Wait by the door for the fed ex truck to come... It won't be long... [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X