Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark III, 5150, Legacy, X100B, JCM800, Recto etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mark III, 5150, Legacy, X100B, JCM800, Recto

[ QUOTE ]
    My poor post is going horribly wrong! Sorry to all involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, that was what i was trying to avoid and why i dropped and didnt argue, i am trying to keep threads on track now, we are back at hand.

Comment

Cleveland - you play a CAE? Kickass. That's on my list of things I want to check out.

I did a preamp "shootout" yesterday between a JMP-1, Hafler Triple Giant, and Soldano SP-77. So far the Triple Giant is the front runner. I like the JMP-1 for versatility but the Hafler sounds better to me at a fundamental level. I haven't ruled out the JMP-1 yet but the Soldano is out for sure.

I'd love to BS with you regarding the CAE - when you've got a minute shoot me a PM.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Well, it's the CAE3+se Preamp that I run into the VHT 2150, I don't have the OD-100.

I'll babble all you care to hear about the 3+se though if that is what ya wanna hear about.

Comment

That is precisely what I want to hear about. Although my wallet is a little nervous about such discussion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

I want to hear about the silver face SP-77!

Comment

Not yer fault John G bro..

This is a ensuing prob between me and Siggy. Here is the REAL deal. Someone will post a "amp review" or whatever. Siggy will ALWAYS respond with "I know BILL won't agree but..". WHY do you insist intiating conflict by bringing up my name...WHY??!! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I NEVER do that , I don't mention "siggy" [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]. I know it will just bait an arguement. Any mention of Siggy is always after the fact...like this response.

He knows this too..he does it always..including THIS thread..check out his first response..before I even showed up here..Same ol' Siggy tune.."Bill this or Bill that..Bill Bill Bill Bill with a wiffleball bat..yada yada yada..WHY??!!

Sig , just say your piece without fear of "Bill" getting angry ..'cuz Bill don't care..take the hint already!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Everytime you mention "me" this happens..you and I both know this. My guess is that you like it..WHY??!

If you DON'T like me..DON'T MENTION MY NAME!! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

So , pretty please with sugar on top Siggy.. STOP liking me or mentioning my name. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You were told by TEKKY to knock off this EXACT crap with me not long ago ..without me "enlisting" him..

But I want to put the source of infection in the spotlight for ALL to see , and nip this shit in the bud once and for all , hopefully!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]..

The source of infection..Siggy's FIRST post here.

"Now i know bill will chime in about the uber if he hasnt allready by the time i am done writting this, so let me give you my take on the uber, great heavy amp and solo's better then a rec without a pedal."

There ya go..EXACTLY!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I want to hear about the silver face SP-77!

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds very good. I'm actually sort of torn about getting rid of it. But, I only need one preamp. I bought several with the intention of being to A/B them. I ordered the VHT 2-50-2 so if I still have the Soldano when it arrives I will give it another go with the EL34s.

- Newc

Comment

Hey Bill, what turned you on to the Ubershall. Was it a band? Also, have you ever played a Diesel Herbert and if so, what did you think?

Comment

I talked him into it...

Comment

Clev.. have you ever played a Herbert?

Comment

No sir, I have not played a Herbert. I know a friend that has, and he knows what I want, and swears I wouldnt like it much. That I would like the ENGL or VHTs better, as Pete has also said is likely.

As for Bill, We had been been ogling the Uber and the VHT Ultra Lead, listening to all sorts of clips etc, and actually LRGMan here on the JCF put up some of the best Uber clips we'd heard. Bill was wanting a new head, and one popped up locally. So now, we Have Uber Bill...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Clev.. have you ever played a Herbert?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am dieing to try either the VH4 or the herbert

Comment

I've never played a Diesel either but I know that one of my favorite models on the Vetta is a Diesel. I imagine a real one would be amazing.

- Newc

Comment

John,

Interesting comparison, thats for sure. I was hoping to have a chance to play a MarkIII over the weekend at the local GC, but when I plugged it in and turned it on, it was all messed up. Weird squealing, popping and hissing when turning knobs, half the knobs busted off, push/pull pots not working right. Basically someone beat the shit out of it, and GC is trying to sell if off. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

I for one play metal, and I love a ton of mids in my tone. My 5150's mids are set on 7 or so...and it may seem a lot, but mids = guitar and the subsequent tone is massive. Now I really want to hear what a MarkIII sounds like.

Comment

Working...
                                X