Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried to "warm up" a modeler's tone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried to "warm up" a modeler's tone???

Wondering if anyone here has run a modeler through a tube power amp in an effort to add some warmth? I know some of you have experimented with the Atomic Reactor...what about a traditional tube power amp?

I have to admit that I love the tones I can generate out of my V-Amp Pro...but they are a little sterile if not used with phones.

Thanks,

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Re: Has anyone tried to \"warm up\" a modeler\'s tone???

Thats how you do it bro. Take a modeler... add a good tube power amp...
    Its a great combination. Most modelers really benefit from a tube power section whether it be going into the effects return only of a tube guitar amp or using a tube power amp. I do both.

Comment

a lot of times i'll go to recording sessions with just my modelers (POD 2.0, johnson j-station) and an avalon tube preamp. i run the signal from the modeler through the preamp which is then inserted into the mixer channel (that way i bypass the mixer's preamp). that helps a lot, but it really only works in a recording situation.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

most of my tunes i have recorded over the last year or so have had a tube plugin added to the guitar audio tracks for mix down.Even if using a tube preamp i would stick in a further tube emulater in the audio chain(i use Pod pro/Digitech 2120/soldano preamps)
        The audio app i use is Antares Tube and it realy does warm up a signal a hell of a lot

Comment

my band uses the pod xt live. we'll plug it into whatever amps the other bands have at the gig. but at rehersals we just plug them into the fx return of the cheap fender rock pro 1000.
          we have great results either way. a good tube power amp and good cab will sound best. but as long as you match up the output mode with what you are using, the thing sounds great!

we realized we needed a good cheap way to match out guitar sound and be able to travel all over using the other bands (or back line) gear and still maintain "our" guitar sound.
          the pod xt live has made this possible for us.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

VHT Valvulator on the front end sweetens it up a tad.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              VHT Valvulator on the front end sweetens it up a tad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks pretty cool. I would like to hear what that actually does. It is too bad I don't have any of my Chandler tube driver pedals anymore. I would be curious to see what they would do if they were used just to warm up the tone, not to add any distortion.

Mike
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                my band uses the pod xt live. we'll plug it into whatever amps the other bands have at the gig. but at rehersals we just plug them into the fx return of the cheap fender rock pro 1000.
                we have great results either way. a good tube power amp and good cab will sound best. but as long as you match up the output mode with what you are using, the thing sounds great!

we realized we needed a good cheap way to match out guitar sound and be able to travel all over using the other bands (or back line) gear and still maintain "our" guitar sound.
                the pod xt live has made this possible for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reb is correct. As long as you match up the output mode you will be cool.

Comment

A strong microwave outta help a lot... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've run my POD through a 2:90. It sounds ok but I am still not sold on modelers tonally and for their "feel" for live application. I have gotten some great direct sounds from the POD though, more for leads than rhythm playing.

Comment

direct i like the 2.0 better.
                      live (or as the pre for a guitar rig) i like the xt series better.
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                      X