Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MusicMan 75?

Hello folks,
    I was going through a bunch of old gear that I had left back at my parent's place eons ago, and found some cool stuff I forgot I had. (Like an old original Tube Screamer!) One ofthe cool things was my old MusicMan 75 head. I used to use it through a Marshall cab with an MXR EQ, and that was it. So, I plugged it back up again for the hell of it, and wow! What a sound! Unfortunately, I can't find anything about it on the web anywhere. Anyone know anything about these old heads? (it's got 2 6L6GCs in it..)

Re: MusicMan 75?

I used a 65 reverb head the same way..with an MXR 6 band graphic into it and a early 70's Marshall cab along with a Multivox tape unit driving the tone and adding to the gain a little in the front end. Very punchy amp. Surprised the caps would still be good after all these years. I still have mine. It was a good sounding reliable amp..I don't think I'd ever sell it we played alot of clubs together.
    The deep switch and the HI/LO power option really made that a great amp I think.
    I ran 6CA7 big bottle EL34's in mine as well.

If you ever need to sell it..well..I'm always game!

There is a Musicman website which is a sub site of ErnieBall. Its setup basically to give schematics.
    Other than that, there ain't much out there on these.
    http://www.ernieball.com/mmonline/techinfo/old_amps/

I think most of the amps were made with a SS preamp altho, I seem to recall there were some with tube preamp as well.

Comment

Wow, I remember these! My guitar instructor back in the day had 2 of 'em, he loved em! This was around 1983/84
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If I remember correctly (and thats a big "if"), this had a SS preamp and tube power amp. I had a 2x12 combo years ago. Very nice sounding amp and it took pedals quite well.

Comment

Working...
        X