digitech x-series pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digitech x-series pedals

are they any good? i'm wondering because they are quite cheap, and well, i saw jeff loomis using both a multi chorus and a tone driver overdrive pedal (and yes, he did indeed use them, i was right in front of him and his pedalboard), so i'm thinking about picking one of those tone driver pedals up.
    your thoughts?

Re: digitech x-series pedals

I use some X-series pedals
    Metal Master
    Hot Rod
    Screamin Blues
    BTW: the only cheap one was the Screamin Blues
    No better or worse then the BOSS stuff
    Just a mater of taste I guess
    I use both BOSS and Digitech X-Series

Comment

well, the digitech stuff is around 60-70 euro usually, whereas the boss units are more like 100 euro and more.

Comment

I've got the Digidelay and love it! I'm actually trying to sell it because I've now got a Boss GT8 and don't have much use for individual pedals any more.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had several X-Series pedals. They are good "for the money". IMO, they are not as good as Boss or many others. My biggest beef with the X-Series pedals is that they are noisy - the tones are decent.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I tried several x-series and absolutely hated them! Returned them 2 days later. Boss is the way to go for pedals. You get what you pay for when it comes to effects pedals.
            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I have the DigiDelay and the Death Metal. Love em both. No complaints here.

Comment

I have a Bad Monkey overdrive pedal,it's not an x-serie pedal but I like it very much..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I tried several x-series and absolutely hated them! Returned them 2 days later. Boss is the way to go for pedals. You get what you pay for when it comes to effects pedals.

[/ QUOTE ] I love my boss pedals. I just bought an EVH phase 90 that is pretty awesome as well. I was not impressed at all with the digitech pedals. They even look cheesey.

Comment

alright, just scored a tone driver OD pedal. i'll post a review when i receive it.

Comment

by the way, i'm wondering if there's a (decent sounding) pedal that combines both delay and reverb in one pedal? iirc there was a boss pedal that was exactly that, but i don't recall the model nr.
                      besides, the boss digital delays are *said* to sound like crap when compared to a rack unit. any truth to this?

Comment

I have the Metal Master and love it. The morph knob can take you from 80's metal to the scooped mids tone of today's metal. I sold toejam his Digidelay and he's right when he says it's a great pedal. I sold it just cuz I decided that the built-in delay on my amp was all I really needed at the moment. I play mostly through my GNX4 anyway.
                        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          by the way, i'm wondering if there's a (decent sounding) pedal that combines both delay and reverb in one pedal? iirc there was a boss pedal that was exactly that, but i don't recall the model nr.
                          besides, the boss digital delays are *said* to sound like crap when compared to a rack unit. any truth to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quote from jgcable's mini stack thread: "... and a Boss RV-3 Digital REverb/Delay."

Is this the one you're talking about?
                          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

yeah, most likely. thanks....blind and retarded as always [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              It's the Boss RV3. I have one and really like it. It's better than many of the effects I've tried. Unfortunately, Boss no longer makes it but you can find them on Ebay. I also tried separate Delay and Reverb pedals and could not get the same effect.
                              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
                              X