I just bought a Triamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I just bought a Triamp

I've actually never heard of this amp before. I just went to the site, and the clips were really great. I love amp 1 and 2. Nothing will beat the 5150 in terms of high gain for me, but even that sounded really nice too. Which cabinet are you running with this Rick?

Comment

I'm running a mesa 4X12 recto with vintage 30's. was looking at the matching cab but it's $1200. that's a bit rediculous.
      I saw Killswitch Engage recently and Joel was using one and it sounded amazing. Mine sounds just as good. it's an awesome amp.

Comment

so besides the Purty lights, whats the difference between version 1 and version 2? and which version did you get?

Comment

I have the MKII (version 2) To me the main difference between the 2 is the MKII seems to be fatter sounding. A little more meat to it.

Comment

What would be a good price for a used MkII?

Comment

Good condition used are between $1900 and $2100. New $2600.

Comment

congrats rick!!
                the triamp is a great amp for sure.
                myself I own the older version (mkI?) and love it really!!
                I'd love to try out an mkII just to compare them both to each other...

mine has got 6L6 in the power amp section, and it further features a spring reverb, which used to sound really awesome but sadly broke when I wasn't really careful taking it with me in my car... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

but if you got the chance I'd really recommend to try it out with a greenback cab.
                I've started with a 1960BV, then later changed to an ENGL straight vintage (it was a steal for the price and I was able to take a plus of ~240 euros selling it) and now ended up with a matching triamp cab, and it just sounds fantastic to me!!
                I think about going fullstack some time, but the sound is really awesome to me now...

the price you mentioned for the original cab is new, isn't it?
                tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

yeah that price for the cab is new. I didn't know the MK I was 6L6's. I should have read up on it more i guess. Mine doesn't have the reverb which is fine being I have an EH holy grail.

Comment

yeah, it was available as EL34 too, so there where two versions of the mkIs.
                    the reverb sounded really fine, but it was quite a hazzle to control it. I've got no clue why, but the reverb control was the only one settled on the back of the head, so you had to have a walk around everytime you turn it on or off.
                    I've gone midi now and use my intellifex for this, but it sounded really fine!!

just have been curious to get a picture of the price situation at your place, I'd have thought the H&K stuff would be more expensive in the US, but they aren't really cheaper here.
                    an mkII new in store is about 2290 euro here, which would be about 2750 USD at the moment.
                    somebody get that?! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

but they run cheaper second hand anyway. guess that's since they're more popular here...
                    got my cab for around 300 euros if I remember correct, but you should be alright with your recto cab anyway... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

a great amp you got!! enjoy!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

got any pics btw?
                    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Yeah the cheapest i could get a new one here was $2600. i got mine used for $1950. Mine already had the midi module in it but i use all pedals. I used top have a pretty cool rack but i got tired of it. Pedals just seem to sound better to me. I'm gonna get a rocktron midi patchmate sometime. not in a hurry. I don't mind the tap dance for now. I have it set-up pretty good so it works well for me.
                      Yeah i remember the reverb problem. A friend of mine had one and we wrote H&K about it. It was a cool reverb but it definitely wasn't very user friendly.

Comment

Damn, everyday i fall more in love with this amp. Got new tubes put in it last weekend and it made a huge difference. Damn, it sounds so damn good. destroys all my boogie and marshall stuff i've ever owned out of the water.

Comment

Working...
                        X