5150 Poll... Do you own one??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5150 Poll... Do you own one??

I have a 5150-2 and love it as well, great metal amp.

Comment

I have a 5150 full stack and Donny's old combo. Oh yeah and a BBE for each [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nope, I'm a Crate player...(I don't wanna hear it..it's what works for me and i love it)..
        [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Never had the chance to try one, now I have my Fireball. So that's a definite "Nope". [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            I own two. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well than We should make a Song for you!!

" Inearthed Will make a 5150 Nut out of you"

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

"(cheesy synth)
            He loves that amp, he even has two
            Inearthed will make a 5150 nut out of you!
            (cheesy synth)"

Comment

5150 II owner. And I LOVE IT!

Comment

love it more than weed and beer, man? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Weed, yes. Beer... tough call. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I've seen some pics from last Saturday recently, btw... I looked exactly like the stoned&drunk idiot that I was [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the difference between the I and II?
                    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

seperate eq section for the clean channel..which I never used anywhoo.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

"Weed, yes. Beer... tough call.
                        I've seen some pics from last Saturday recently, btw... I looked exactly like the stoned&drunk idiot that I was"

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] indeed, sir [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] next time we meet i hopefully won't have to drive [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

regarding the 5150: apparently (paraphrasing 5150 guru jerryp) the 5150II has a little less gain on the lead channel, and a LOT less gain on the crunch channel.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the difference between the I and II?

[/ QUOTE ]

5150 vs. 5150II I have a page describing the differences on my site.
                          Jerry
                          FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

So if the II has less gain, is it really noticeable?

Horns - What's the deal with the clean channel on the Uber?
                            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              So if the II has less gain, is it really noticeable?

Horns - What's the deal with the clean channel on the Uber?

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends if you dime the gain, alot of us feel the 5150 sounds better with the gain around 7 or 8, so to me it really didnt make a difference. I also feel the 5150-2 is smoother type gain where the original is just a raw tone.

Comment

As of yesterday... I am now a 5150 owner [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Self biasing amp right or [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
                                X