5150 Poll... Do you own one??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5150 Poll... Do you own one??

Ahh, stock with Ruby's now ehh? thanks for the input!

Maybe time to look at new ones instead of the old stuff.

Comment

yes indeed, mine also came with ruby's

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        i have one, i put a mxr 6 band eq in the loop and that thing is freaking dominating now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Throw a BBE 422 in the loop and HANG ON BRO!!!!!

Comment

Hey John, what cab are you using your 5150 with?

Comment

For Aftermath (my band in NJ) I am using a stock 5150 4 x 12 cabinet. I also use 2 Randall 2 x 12 slant cabs but the 5150 cab sounds a little better. The Mesa cab sounds the best of all but its only a 1 x 12.

Comment

I really need to get a straight 5150 cab. Ever since I started playing with a new band my Marshall cab has been about an hour and a half north of where my other band practices (along with my JCM800). I finally dug up my BBE 422A and snagged a used GMajor from Guitar Center at a very reasonable price since I was able to sell some gear locally.

What're the "recommended" settings again for the 422A? We had a thread about this before but there are like 10 different 5150 threads in 5 pages in in the amps section here. John? Bill?

Comment

The way I tweakem my BBE 422 dpend how I set the Amps resonace setting . I usually let that thicken up the sound as much as possible without flubbib'.

Then I usually keep the low end contoue at abot 2 O' clockish and the Definion around 1 O' clock.

The BBE 422/422a is essential to a 5150 IMO..due to that they work together so well. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I run the G-Major and or any FX after the BBE.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

What's a good price for such a unit? There's one on German ebay right now, and I take it that it's a rather rare occassion I may want to take advantage of... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

A hundreds buch for a mint one is par..

considering the crappy new one goes for $200 new
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I own a 5150 and have A-B'd the 422 and the Behringer EX2200. I have both units. All you hardcore 422 preachers HAVE to try one of these things out. They can be had as cheaply as a used 422. There are more controls so you can shape the tone better and a bass "tight" button that kicks.

Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I was ripping on my 5150II at rehearsal last night. One of the great things about the 5150 series amps is you can be pretty much gauranteed GREAT metal tone everytime with minimal tweaking. It sounded so friggin good and my 5150 sounds even better. To me, my Mark III sounds better but it takes a while to dial it in.

Comment

Working...
                        X