Clean Tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Tone

Which high end amp has the best clean tone along wit a great distortion sound? What I mean is between amps like Boogie,Marshall,Bogner etc. It seems like you sacrifice the clean to get the better crunch. I would really like to get an Uber but I've heard the clean channel is kind of weak. I'd be in the same boat as with my Dual Rec. The clean tone on the Boogie pretty much sucks. I can't speak for the others.

I'm assuming to get a really nice clean tone I would have to get a Fender or even a Roland.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Re: Clean Tone

the framus cobra has a decent clean tone - and a killer distortion, i might add
    the engl savage also sounds great. well, actually most engls do. my blackmore had an awesome clean sound.

Comment

i always sing the praises of my Rivera amps on this one. the cleans are KILLER and LOUD, and the distortion is thick and creamy. i use the m/s pro amps, which can be found all the time one-bay for a good price.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Bogner Ecstacy and Diezel VH4 do this better than any other amp that I have heard, with the Bogner having the better clean tone of the two, but more gain on tap with the Diezel.
        The VHT UL has great headroom on the clean channel, but the tone isn't what I would call "pretty".
        Mesa Mark 4 does a decent job with the cleans, not great but decent bang for the buck compared to the other ones I mentioned.

Comment

Mesa F series.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Mesa Road King. The distortion is very similar to the recto, although maybe a bit smoother. The clean sounds are fantastic - everything from fender sparkle, to marshall to vox.
            ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Working...
            X