Best cabs for ENGL Powerball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cabs for ENGL Powerball

ok here's the deal.I play deathmetal/grindcore in my current band and I am tuned to B.I have an older marshall jcm900 1960b w 75's like 1991ish and a mesa traditional slant w/v30's relatively new.the Mesa has to much high end I stack the cabs at practice and the mesa kills me but on the floor it is not so bad but could be better the marshall well sounds marshall but I tend to prefer it over the mesa so it looks like I will be selling the mesa and buying another marshall straight cab.I am also thinking about stripping back down to just 1 cab so I may sell them both and but a framus cobra cab,Engl XXl,or the Uberkab.I played a cobra with the matching cab a few hours ago OMFG couldn't believe what I was hearing I played a cobra prior to this with a diezel cab It sounded good but not like it did today "Crushing".I tried the powerball through the cobra cab and an Engl vintage they both sounded good.any suggestions from you powerball users...

thanks,

Mark
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Re: Best cabs for ENGL Powerball

Mark -
    I have an Older ENGL 4x12 that sounds REAL good with the ENGL Savage 120. I don't need it, as I have a new ENGL 4x12... if interested, let me know.
    Otherwise, the ENGL's seem to match up well with the Marshall cabs (I have a slash 4x12 straight that sounds great !

Comment

I'm not sure what i want to do yet but I will get back to you on that,I'm waiting for a bogner uberkab and a diezel to come in

Comment

I bet those'll match up nice as well. Damn - you have access to some great gear !

Comment

not really I have i store about 20 miles or so from me Boston Guitar Works in brockton they deal Diezel and Framus and Matts music is more of a hike and they do Diezel.I brought my powerball with me to BGW to try out the used Engl slant cab and it was ok but not incredible.I tried the Cobra cab with the powerball and it sounded ok but not great they both sounded better than the mesa cab I have.IMO anyway.the owner told me to try the uberkab he said it kicks the framus and diezels ass.unfortunately I have to wait a couple weeks for the bogner shipment for BGW and a new diezel shipment from matts music to check them out myself

Comment

If you decide you want a Marshall I have a 1960a cab I might be willing to trade for your Mesa. I don't live that far from you either so we could try out each others cabs. If you're interested let me know...if not no big deal.

Comment

Sweet - let me know how it sounds with the Uber...

Comment

i use a uberkab with my powerball and i love the way it sounds. i like it better than the recto cab i had or my marshall.

Comment

if you can, you should give the new ENGL XXL cab a try. it is an oversized 4x12 with V30's...and while you're at it, give us a review! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    if you can, you should give the new ENGL XXL cab a try. it is an oversized 4x12 with V30's...and while you're at it, give us a review! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not going to happen no engl dealers in the area I happened to come across a used engl vintage but it was just ok I'm liking the marshall 1960b so I know I want a straight cab but want to try out the uber

Comment

Mesa Standard 4x12 works best for me.

Comment

you know something I haven't tried the oversized mesa with the powerball...I know I hated it with my marshall and my old guitar player hated it with his mesa triplerec we both prefered the marshalls.he really wanted the mesa though all he could see is that diamondplate and how bad ass it would look that was like 95 or 96 when you didn't see atleast one Mesa in every band

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          i use a uberkab with my powerball and i love the way it sounds. i like it better than the recto cab i had or my marshall.

[/ QUOTE ]

how does it compare to the mesa and the marshall

Comment

im not good with sound descriptions but i will try my best of what i hear. it seems a bit tighter and not as boomy. its till got the lows but better sounding. the lows sound better on the uberkab and the highs sound better. and its still got a good amount of mids. my sttings i used with the mesa cab are different than the uber. i run my mids a little higher. i can give you a complete review when i get back to florida, im away since june and i havent played my powerball/uberkab in months.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              im not good with sound descriptions but i will try my best of what i hear. it seems a bit tighter and not as boomy. its till got the lows but better sounding. the lows sound better on the uberkab and the highs sound better. and its still got a good amount of mids. my sttings i used with the mesa cab are different than the uber. i run my mids a little higher. i can give you a complete review when i get back to florida, im away since june and i havent played my powerball/uberkab in months.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks bro

Comment

Working...
                              X