Re: Best cabs for ENGL Powerball

hey dude, what band are you in?
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      hey dude, what band are you in?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am now in a band called Goreality(gore-ality)we played our local stomping ground last night and the soundman loved the powerball.I got alot of compliments on the amp and they all told me I was crazy and just keep using the Marshall cabs the amp sounds badass...
      www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

I tryed a mesa recto cab with V30's, but ended up getting an Engl XXL cab. I a/b both of them and found that the Engl cab was better balanced with the lows, mids, and highs than the Mesa cab. It had a lot more presence and sounded louder. It also handled the low end a lot better than the mesa recto cab. The mesa cab would kind of make this "honk" type noise when I palm muted while the Engl cab did not. Overall, the Engl cab just sounded more clear at higher volumes. The only down side is that its F@#%ing huge and weighs a ton. But atleast it comes with casters.

Comment

Dude..didnt you just get done Telling me that your Splawn cab sounds Excellent?

Comment

Uhh ....im still confused man, I thought your Splawn Cab sounded Really good? Now your looking for a different one?

Comment

Working...
            X