Vetta Combo PROBLEM!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta Combo PROBLEM!!!

I have Sambencuda's Vetta Combo. We were dialing it in last night and I notice a very disturbing lag when changing channels. Even if its between identical amp models. For instance.. we set up a nice Marshall Jubilee patch on channel 1a and we copied it to 1b and added a little delay and made it louder for solos. When I switch from 1a to 1b there is a noticeable delay. The Boss GT-6 is seemless with absolutely no delay. The way this Vetta is operating currently, its is almost unuseable live. This Vetta is running version 2.03 software. HELP... [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: Vetta Combo PROBLEM!!!

Get a Marshall? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Sorry...no help at all, I know...

Comment

Kick it! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      I did a quick google search, reinstalling the software or updating may solve your problem it seems. A friend of mine has a Vetta head, I'll ask him tomorrow if he ever experienced anything like that.. don't think so, though.

Comment

I noticed a very slight delay on my Vetta, but no problems at all regarding using it live... it's not that bad. Heck, I've owned boogies that channel switched slower than my Vetta! Maybe it's because I use a midi board instead of the Line6 one with the display and stuff?

Pete

Comment

Line 6 forum, maybe?
          http://www.line6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

institute of noise would be more help too...

www.instituteofnoise.com go to the forums.

Pete

Comment

I checked out the Institute of Noise. There is a delay anywhere from 47ms to 57ms on channel switching. Also, the effects do not spillover and that is mainly what we are hearing. Frankly, I am surprised that the GT-6 has a quicker more seemless channel switching than the Vetta. If I switch between the same amp model on the GT-6 there is absolutely no delay at all.

Comment

This is EXACTLY the same problem I've had with all of my Line6 stuff (PodPro, Spider, AX2) and the reason why I talk myself out of a convenient, all in 1, live rig like a Vetta head.

Prior to buying the Podpro when it was first released, I spent months investigating the features, sounds, and asked users and Line6 if the patching was seamless. I was tired of the noticleable patch changes using my old Zoom 9150. Seems my idea of seamless and their's was totally different. When I got the Podpro it was no better than my Zoom. It was sold on eBay after a month of tech emails and no solutions.

I've come to the conclusion that any Line6 amp I'll own stays at home. I've been sticking with my G-Major for 5 years. That has set my standard for a live rig that Line6 can't seem to measure up to.

Comment

You can set up a midi controller to turn on a volume boost and delay patch easily, something that the actual footcontroller can't do. The effects and such are instant: The brief time channel switching never bothered me, but I don't know what stuff you guys are doing.

Pete

Comment

The Institute of Noise actually told me that the fix is to put a G-Major in the loop of the Vetta and use a midi footswitch. The G-major's effects spill over and I can use it for solo boost or program a seperate switch for level boost. That was a surprise answer to me.
                    Let me give you an example of an EASY song that the delay really fukks up. I Want You to Want Me by Cheap Trick.
                    The intro has some really cool guitar licks that immediately turn into rhythm chords as soon as Zander starts singing. Using the Vetta, we have one Marshall patch at a solo level and the exact same patch on a rhythm level. Rhythm is UO1a and solo is U01b. We start off on the U01b solo patch and its all good. As soon as the last note of the guitar solo ends we switch to U01a for the rhythm chords. The delay is 100% obvious and it sounds like ass because we either have to choose to loose the last note of the solo of the 1st second of the rhythm chord.

Another problem that maybe the Vetta players can help with. I notice that when using the digital delay the feeback (trailing delayed notes) are clean and not the same distorted tone as the initial note. In other words... it sounds like I hit a monster heavy chord on my Ubershall patch (which is awesome) but the slapback delayed notes sound clean like a Fender Twin. I tried routing the delay in the loop and in front of the amp. I am sure I am doing something wrong. One more thing... I really am digging this amp. I want one.. bad. Quirks and all... this thing smokes.

Comment

Couple of ideas...

1) you lose the 'two amps at once' but run one amp with your dryer tone, other with your delay and such... then you can use the treadle/pedal volume control go seamlessly between the two amp settings.

OR use one of the boosts for a volume increase and the delay, keep the same patch, turn off the delay and then turn off the boost.

2) is a routing issue. Change the order of your effects a bit... a lot of the things I came up with were just from playing with the amp and trying different ways of chaining the effects. Sounds like you might have some parallel and others in series. Go through the presets, even the ones that suck... and see if you can find a delay patch that doesn't get clean like you said. Then look at the effects routing and how they have it set up, or take a shortcut and copy that patch and then change YOUR things over the top, so to speak.

You're not going to even scratch the surface of what can be done with that amp until you've messed with it for at least a month or two. I'm stone cold serious. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If someone offered what I'm asking for my Vetta it would be sold... but I'm hoping my Wolfgang sells first. Needing money sucks.

Pete

Comment

Thats a lame answer IMO. There's no way I'm using the G-major with the Vetta just to cure that little problem.

I'm pretty sure you can turn the delay on and off with out the hesitation so it's not that big a deal to me. It's funny to me that the G-major switches clean and that Vetta can't.

like I said, small potatos to me. I'm sure the delay thing is a routing issue. I'm almost starting to think it's too much amp for me! Well, not really. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I let John borrow it so he can start getting used to it. Once he has a bunch of patches he likes, I'll save them onto my PC. Then he can move them over if he ends up getting a Vetta.
                        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Jim - the delay is in switching patches. If you turn effects off and on, it's instant, or at least mine is with the midi behringer board.

It's a crazy amp, isn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

The Powerball patch is sooooooo good. I can easily see why guys bail out on this amp though. It is extremely complicated and the majority of the high gain factory patches are not only aweful.. but they are at all different volume levels. I am starting to figure it out. My guess is by next week I will have it entirely filled up with patches for Jim. He can then dump them onto his PC and start over again. Jim... if you think the patches we created are good, wait until you hear the new ones... and I barely even know what I am doing yet!

Comment

i have also noticed the delay when switching patches, but pete's use of the expression pedal to switch amp settings works well.

i also like the powerball patch, but i think the cornford patch is my favorite. it's like a marshall jcm but better.

Comment

Working...
                              X